Do you really know the history of Wicca and Witchcraft???

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Do you really know the history of Wicca and Witchcraft???

Post by Symandinome »

[media][/media]It has come to my attention how many people on here do not have a strong understanding of who we are and where we come from, whether or not we classify ourselves as Wiccan or not. I have included in this posting the video from Raymond Buckland's "Witchcraft, Yesterday and Today," which offers a detailed look and accounting of the origins of Wicca and modern day Witchcraft as a religion. It is very important that we as a people really understand where we come from so that we can have a better foot to stand on for our path into the future.

Obviously these videos are geared towards the "Wiccan" side of Paganism but the origins of paganism are the same regardless of where the paths differentiated as time passed by. There is no mention here of name specific deities obviously as a means to make it more easily understood and the concepts to be more widely accepted. I hope that the information found herein can be a great jumping off point for our future generation to begin with on their path.

(Just to be responsible: I'd like to note that these videos do at times display and/or depict ritual nudity in brief amounts.)

All people new to the pagan faith please watch the videos below.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: Do you really know the history of Wicca and Witchcraft??

Post by Symandinome »

I'm a little saddened that not too many people have viewed this thread.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Let it be know that I have veiw it, there is just a lot of content to it. SO I am still re-reading/veiwing to form a great reply!
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I had no doubt that you would look at it ;) you look at everything :) I just as easily could have typed all the information on a thread but in the essence of saving time and making getting the information in a more appealing manner to the people I chose to use the videos. I dont know about you but when I was in school I was excited when we got to watch a video on something as opposed to having to "read" about it in a text book. I really try my damndest to put quality content onto this forum to help educate people. I know sometimes stuff can be a little boring and thats why I chose videos for this.

It is a lengthy video, probably an hour or so of your time but, the information is very important to understand. The coloring of the video looks kinda lifeless and boring but thats just because it came from 1989. Raymond Buckland is a very reliable source of information to the Pagan Community and I think that much of the new generation have no idea who he is. If it wasnt for him and a select few others, much of what the world has available to them in regards to modern day paganism would not exist.
Symandinome
Banned Member

The Burning Times Documentary

Post by Symandinome »

[media][/media]Understanding who you are and where you come from allows you to understand where you are going.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
Ula

Post by Ula »

This was more thorough than some other videos I have seen. Very interesting and lots of good info. On a side note, have you ever looked at a Catholic altar: Two candles, bible (holy book), incense/burner, cup (blood of Christ),bowl (body of Christ).
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I watched it too! WOW! They were so much I did not know, I thought I knew most of them, but after all I knew only few of them! Thanks Symandinome!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Book Worm94

Post by Book Worm94 »

learning is never boring Symandinome i enjoyed watching these and will continue to study and learn about wicca thank you for your dedication if you post any more information from which i can learn (by watching or reading) i would really appreciate it if you would notify me
sincerely,
Book Worm94
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

I learned so much by the videos, i would say way to go witchcraft rather then wicca.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I am glad you guys are making use of the videos. It is very important to have a stong understanding of what makes us who we are. Here are two more links to videos I have posted on educating the community on witchcrafts history and such.

the-burning-times-documentary-t20225.html

biography-channel-documentary-witches-t20224.html
Ula

Re: Biography Channel Documentary on Witches

Post by Ula »

I have read one of Christopher Penczak's books. I like him a lot.
illbehere

Re: The Burning Times Documentary

Post by illbehere »

Symandinome wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqRir6a3VHk
the part of the woman on the wall thats all black.
what are those movements shes doing, it seems like a form of tai chi but not as grounded. i would love to learn it ^^
steveuk

Post by steveuk »

Symandinome wrote:I'm a little saddened that not too many people have viewed this thread.
Ive just looked at theses vids, and they make perfect sense to me, i fully understand the messages contained within, prob is i dont know why or how, {im still confused :) }
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

what are you confused about
steveuk

Post by steveuk »

ok heres goes, forgive me im not a man of words,so please bear with me,

1st point, ive always had a issue with the Christian religion,whereby, in a churchyard the poor tend to be buried outside in graves,thus being re-tilled after X number of years,and the rich,'top dogs', are always inside the church,thus safe,imho i feel this goes against Jesus's teaching that all men are equal,what is the wicca view of this?

2nd point, my second issue is with today's society , to my mind its very wrong that mankind should be arseing about using resources and money to explore other planets ,waging war on other country's etc etc, while at the same time human beings are dying for want of water,food,surely it would be right to cure all theses issues on earth ,then go to the stars , again what is the wiccan wiew of this ?

i know ive made no sense at all, like i said im not a man of words.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”