MERLIN

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Witch13
Banned Member

MERLIN

Post by Witch13 »

Is anyone watching this show? i just watched the first episode and its amazing :D
ps does anyone know what is this language?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2_gytAG ... re=related
Munnag

Re: MERLIN

Post by Munnag »

Merlin is an amzing TV Show, I believe the Merlin TV show magical spells certainely ficticous but this show is based on the King Arthurian legends, The King Arther ruled Camlet with the help of his Wizard Merlin, there is no Arther with out his merlin, it is one of the famous citations....
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

The song is supposedly made up just to sound nice. I had to look it up.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but King Arthur, as portrayed in literature and on television, is a complete fiction. The most likely reality is that the things that have been attributed to King Arthur are really a consolidation of many acts by a number of English/British nobles. As with most things historical at a certain point facts kinda got run over by fantasy.

Merlin is as much a fiction as King Arthur is too. Sowwy lol.
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

When I studdied at Oxford I was able to trace the human who may have been the source from which the Arthur legend was derrived. Áedán mac Gabráin was an Irish War Lord / King whoes basic story kinda-sorta-maybe follows the legend but Serrendipity is right, the legend as we know it today was invented by a lot of good authors like Geoffrey of Monmouth (1130ish) and Sir Thomas Malory (late 1400s).

Merlin is mentioned in Geoffrey of Monmouth's Historia Regum Britanniae but he was a combination of a few people from different centuries: Ambrosius Aurelianus, Lailoken, Merlynum, and Myrddin Emrys. It was Geoffrey who named him Merlini.
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

It's still an awesome T.V series! Aw, I felt all fuzzy in one of the episodes when Merlin and one of the other magical guys were calling each other 'kin" and all. Okay, that is a little pathetic, but still. It was sweet. It is an awesome T.V series!
There are three sides to a coin.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

the guy with the ring???
yay, awesome episode...
did you watch the last episode of season 3????
i cant wait for whats next:D
Munnag

Post by Munnag »

I agree!!

I have been watching Merlin from the day its started airing.. Love this tv show!!

Can't wait for Season 4!!

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”