House of Night series

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Buttercup

House of Night series

Post by Buttercup »

Has anyone read the House of Night series of books by P.C and Kristin Cast? It's my favourite series of books right now and a pretty new approach on vampyres.I also liked the rituals they do in the books,they're very close to the wiccan ones I think.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

ME ME ME ME!!!
I absolutly LOVE those books! I draw the patterns that are on her skin(:
I think the books do show a great intake on wicca and the rituals. it gives great details.

Blessed Be,
R. Firehawk

Post by R. Firehawk »

I agree! My only problem is that the books tend to be repetitive (which happens with multi-book series, I suppose). But I wish the author would just call it what it is! They aren't made up "vampyre" rituals; they seem to really be based in modern Paganism.

But overall, I really do love the series!
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

I own all the books! I have actually thought about getting the "vampyre goddess markings" on my shoulder and arm because it just seems beautiful to me and I like the tattoo idea in the books.

The rituals they have are very close to wiccan/pagan protocol and I like it. I like how educated it is. Of course it's a tad over-elaborated... but they're vampyres, ffs! lol

Excellent series for teen or adult!
The Crest Of Darkness

Post by The Crest Of Darkness »

I have all the books they are so goood! I was going to get zoey's "Mark" on my sholder but changed my mind.
Ashkotewagosh

Post by Ashkotewagosh »

I own and have read all the books and I absolutely love them. It's a completely new approach on vampyres and i love the rituals they do! It blends with wicca very well i think and it holds a lot of true stuff in it!
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I tend to avoid anything new involving vampyres like the plague, but this series sounds intriguing. Would I like it, since I'm a fan of Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles, or are they even similar?
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

The house of night series has glamed up Vamps without making them squishy friends like Twilight has. There is still that element of fear and attraction all mixed up into one.

But vamps aren't in "hiding" they are out in the open and humans know that the human race could be wiped out whenever wanted by the vampires which makes it even better.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

In that case....I really don't know if I'd be interested in it, but I'll check it out when I have time.
Beothany

Post by Beothany »

<3 <3 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I LOOOOOOVE THOSE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!! I Just Finished Hunted!!!!!!!!! LUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Zak*walker

Post by Zak*walker »

I love the books also and i really cant wait for them to start making the movies now that they have the rights to make them XD
ladystargazer

Nyx

Post by ladystargazer »

Nyx is ian actual goddess i worship here along with 2 othe goddesses and 3 gods. At first i never new she was a real goddess but when began studying i was hoping she was one day i finally found her. Oh and the rituals are pretty much the same i used the ritual from the second book to help me out they are basically the same.
LyrioIsabel

Re: House of Night series

Post by LyrioIsabel »

I do love these books and it is really a nice way of putting postive rituals out into the world without it being 'satanic.'
I love them! Burned was amazing!
'Nature Is a Precious Gift
It Will Make Your Spirits Lift
Love the Earth With All Your Fire
It´s in Your Soul Your One Desire'

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”