Supernatural?!?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Imiko
Banned Member

Supernatural?!?

Post by Imiko »

Okay, must I say that the way that this show portrays Witch craft is so utterly wrong... it's hilarious. No! Seriously! The show is a Riot! I thought I was offended for the longest time, but the show is just down right silly. What are your thoughts on the insulting way they portal Witches to be? Oh, but before you post, here's a little hilarious Clip of 'Dean' they did at the end of the show, during the credits.

DEAN IS SO CUTE! @o@ I JUST WANT TO STEAL HIM! =D

But no, seriously, this clip is so funny, the Camera men were giggling practically the whole time, and people in the Background were laughing as well. XP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvrfQiYS ... re=related

Anyways, I think that a show like this should be insulting.. but the Quotes, lines, and overall things in it distract you from the anger in your tummy. ;)
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Oye, my husband and I are big fans of the show (dodges wrath of Imiko). I saw that episode with Dean, shown at the end of the episode "Yellow Fever." I like Dean, but Sam is my secret lover.

I do not take it so seriously, though. My blog has been about almost nothing but angelogy. Then angels started appearing in Season Four. I like Cassiel, and they changed his name for the show to Castiel. The Zen-like persona is good and Uriel was kind of funny, too. I thought at first it was the fire (Uriel as angel of fire) in him making him look mean, but to my dismay he was the culprit, not powerful demons, killing other angels.

I know, I know, Dean says in one episode that he hates witches because all they ever do is spread their body fluids everywhere. But he is.... Dean. He has his own issues and he is not so bad. He took me a little getting used to. I do not take what he says so seriously. My husband and I laugh at some of his remarks, because they remind us sometimes of the things my husband says (or used to say during his younger days).
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Father Oak

Post by Father Oak »

Imiko, not to sound like a (for lack of a better phrase) butt head, The show is exactly that, a show. It's more something that needs to be taken at face value. It's meant for entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides if I was going to be insulted by any thing in the media that portrayed witches it would be Harry Potter.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

The same thing applies to these 'ghost hunting' shows that seem to be all the over the place at the moment.
I've been a paranormal investigator for years now - long before ghost hunting became 'fashionable', it's my hobby - I love it.

But now, thanks to these shows, everybody is suddenly an expert on ghost hunting.

The more experienced ghost hunters complain about these shows saying that ghost hunting "isn't really like that" and they portray the whole business of paranormal investigation as a bit of a joke.

THEY ARE TELEVISION SHOWS!!!

They don't care about accuracy or telling the truth. The people behind these shows care about one thing: viewing figures.
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

I know this people. I was saying I loved the show, did you happen to miss that? ;D
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

I love dean he is a sexy hunk...but what drives me nuts is that.....THEY ALWAYS SEPERATE!!!!!!! stay with each other you freaks there is power in numbers! I hate shows and movies where some idiot is like "maybe we should all split up to cover more ground" I yell noooooo nooooo but they never listen lol.

moonlit
**Nothing is set in stone**
zenine

Post by zenine »

Peregrine wrote:Oye, my husband and I are big fans of the show (dodges wrath of Imiko). I saw that episode with Dean, shown at the end of the episode "Yellow Fever." I like Dean, but Sam is my secret lover.
FINALLY someone likes Sam! Lol, it's just that every time I ask someone which ones hotter, they all say "Dean, Sam's stupid", and I'm like "what? What's wrong with him?" Every Single girl I asked has said that. Why?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I can't say, zenine. I've been blissfully unaware of the "Sam or Dean" debates out there. Well, come to think of it actually, my limited had been the reverse. The attitude is mostly to like, "Dean is okay, but I love Sam."

I think they even show that in one of the episodes, when a fan named Becky won't get her hand off of Sam's chest? Then there was that episode called "After School Special" when Dean gets a bad wrap and laughed at while Sam is celebrity of the day (when they were kids)? There are plenty of love videos for Sam on YouTube as well, more than you can shake a stick at.

I think Sam is just getting a bad wrap recently because of Ruby. It's a genderbender perhaps, likened to the serpent deceiving Eve in the Garden of Eden.

newangel

My feelings for Sam actually go a bit deeper than his otherwise staggering good looks, though. I'll just keep it at that for now so that anyone reading this won't start with the routine "This is where I smile politely and slowly start walking backwards toward the exit door."
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Coven

Re: Supernatural?!?

Post by Coven »

I can't stop watching it ~ I have downloaded all 15 seasons and I'm just now finishing season 4

so far I like it and I find it interesting
:-|
Coven

Re: Supernatural?!?

Post by Coven »

Hologram8 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:12 pm I can't stop watching it ~ I have downloaded all 15 seasons and I'm just now finishing season 4

so far I like it and I find it interesting
I finished ~ I'll miss Castiel
:-|

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”