What are you reading?

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Kangee

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Kangee »

I am kinda reading two books at the moment one is called sons of the goddess which is by christopher penczak and the other is a fiction book called Shadow Magic by one of my friends Joshua Khan.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm working my way through "Wicked Enchantments-History of the Pendle Witches" by Joyce Froome, and I'm just 1 chapter from the end of "The Giza Prophecy-the Orion Code and Secret Teachings of the Pyramids" by Scott Creighton and Gary Osborn. And for bedtime reading I love anything by Mary Stewart and just re-re-read her "Thornyhold", a witch's love story. "Omens" by Terry Pratchett is next.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Re reading Cunningham's Magical Aromatherapy. In addition to crafting I am researching a way of practical stove-top distilling in the hopes of producing my own essential oils.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I needed something relaxing. I'm reading Alan Bradley's " Thrice the Brindled Cat Hath Mew'd". It's the latest in the Flavia DeLuce mysteries. I love this series. Flavia is a precocious 11-12 year old, brilliant chemist with a self absorbed family. The household servants are her allies. She does cartwheels in the portrait gallery, rides her bike at breakneck speeds with a whoop and a yell. There's a little Flavia in us all.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

A Dog's Purpose.
I wanted to read the book before the movie comes out. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Jane Eyre- loving it so far

My new year resolution is to read more. I used to be a bookworm when I was younger. My local library even nominated me for the Queen of Readers in the 5th grade :-). But I got very lazy since I got unlimited Internet access (yes I am THAT old, I remember times before the Internet :p) in last few years, I've only actually finished maybe 5 books a year or so.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I remember having a dialess phone and being on a party line - our code was 2 rings, and our TV had a round screen on which we were allowed to watch Mickey Mouse Club. We were not permitted to own comic books so I read "Thor" in the store isle...& 30 years later i evoked the Thunder God at my dedication in a thunder storm. Hmmm..
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I feel old too. I remember the times when I owned a computer but had no Internet, so the only thing to do was drawing in paint, playing pinball and a car test driving program my uncle brought us from a company he worked for. The big phones with antennas where the only ones available and I also remember having a small thing you could play 3 or 4 video games on (something simmilar to a Gameboy, but more rudimentar).
It was also very common to collect colourful glass beads and play Pentaque (the international name)...oh, how lucky were those who got theirs beads from Germany. The inside of the beads was not only coloured, but it also had models on the inside.
We spent a lot of time outside, in the woods back then and having a scratch or a broken bone was never the end of the world, like I is today. I miss those times, and now, I totally feel like an old cat lady *sigh* (no offence intended, that's my future plan actually.

Not to be too much off topic, I'm reading Sansibar, the last reason.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
monarchwing

Post by monarchwing »

Currently I'm reading Penczak's The Inner Temple of Witchcraft. I do have Cunningham's Wicca a Guide for the Solitary Practitioner on order. According to the tracking, it's supposed to come Monday. I can't wait!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm re-reading "Treading the Mill" by Nigel Pearson. The 2 nd edition is now available and has a few changes. I had read it many years ago. It's a straight forward trad-witch how-to guide.

Also Mandi See's "Eclectic Wicca - A Guide for the Modern Witch". I'd read a review on Amazon saying it was redundant, but I don't find it so. It's a bit wordy/chatty but is well organized, gives sound information and tips on developing your own path, not copying someone else's,yet still within the framework of Wicca guidance.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm ... A little "light" reading of the old time Return of Fu Manchu; they're serial adventure stories that read like Indiana Jones meets the enigmatic Q-posts. So much for lightness ... I'm almost done with it & y'know, want to know how it ends... If it ends. These stores are like the Energizer Bunny that keep going ...

Eh... Finished. Ug. Can't recommend it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I re-re-read Frances H Burnett's "The Secret Garden" to get my center back. Whew. I needed it.

If you haven't had the pleasure of reading this children's story, treat yourself.

Also her story of a girl with natural Sight - in the sense of I see dead people - The White People hits close to home. I re-re-read that too.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The Green Stone by Graham Phillips & Martin Keatman

40th anniversary re-release of a true story of spiritual & psychic quest. As the original cover had said "if you only read one book, read this one. If you only read two books, read this one twice." :D

In 1979 a team of paranormal investigators working for a magazine based in the Midlands of England followed a trail of cryptic clues to discover a hidden green gem stone once the property of Mary Stewart, Queen of Scots, & a secret society called the Order of Meonia. Mystery & adventure.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:The Green Stone by Graham Phillips & Martin Keatman

40th anniversary re-release of a true story of spiritual & psychic quest. As the original cover had said "if you only read one book, read this one. If you only read two books, read this one twice." :D

In 1979 a team of paranormal investigators working for a magazine based in the Midlands of England followed a trail of cryptic clues to discover a hidden green gem stone once the property of Mary Stewart, Queen of Scots, & a secret society called the Order of Meonia. Mystery & adventure.
Sounds interesting! :D

I should get onto reading again, I love it, but I have very few books here...
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
Mordinna86

Post by Mordinna86 »

I'm reading the Miseducation of Cameron Post, my brother got me it for my birthday.
Also have several others part finished. Was reading Ruby Wax's Frazzled which is so funny and have a stack of Folio Society books including Nursery Rhymes, which contain quite a few witchy secrets.

Return to “Book Reviews”