Dream Recall Tips

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Moon_Stone

Dream Recall Tips

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hello everyone- I just wanted to take a moment and say hello to anyone browsing.
~
The best advice I can give you in the long run is to write your dreams down, or perhaps recite them in a tape recorder, for later review. Remember when you're explaining/writing your dreams, the parts of your dream which were the most important and significant to you, the dreamer, is what matters most when interpreting. Knowing what's important to you will help you better understand the meaning your subconscious mind is trying to give you, when you grow to interpret your own dreams.

Blessed Be & Pleasant Dreams!
~Moonstone~
izzybit

Potential help

Post by izzybit »

Ok so I was wondering if you had any advise for a way to help remember dreams. I often experience reoccurring dreams but can’t remember any more then a few insignificant details at a time. What’s the best way to encourage remembrance or to help retain information from a dream?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Dream-Recall tip:

Try not to move at all when you first wake.
This is a tremendously difficult thing to perfect, but it's worth the practice. When we move our physical body upon waking, we're jarring ourselves out of the dream-realm and thrusting ourselves into the physical realm, all at once. That's enough to squash most, if not all, of the recollection of what it was we were dreaming about.

As soon as you are able to wake and not move, you should find that you are increasingly having more and more of an ability to remember your dream. The more you practice, the more of your dream you should be able to recall. Once you do, though, take a moment to allow it to settle into your waking mind, then get up and either write it down or tape record yourself explaining it. In essence, you are keeping a dream journal, but it will help you to see patterns and therefore, interpret what you are dreaming. It's also the first step to learning how to astral travel. :28:

Hope that helps!

~Bright Blessings & Pleasant Dreams~
*M
izzybit

Post by izzybit »

Ok so I’ve kept a dream journal for almost 6 months and I has helped some, but I tried the tip on being still after you wake up and it has really helped. I’m not sure if these things are liked but I have been remembering my dreams but mostly I have been experiencing an abundance of extremely vivid déjà vu. What do you think could be going on with that?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I'm not sure, to tell you to truth.
Hopefully someone else has a better insight on prophetic dreaming. You may also want to post that question in the Psychic Powers, Channeling, Mediumship, Empathy section and/or the OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming section, too. :28:

~BB~
*M
shatteredsouls

Re: Merry Meet, Dreamers...

Post by shatteredsouls »

Hello! Thank you for offering help to all others who needs it. Personally, I dreamt of quite a lot of nonsensical stuff often so I have learnt to ignore them. Haha! XD
MsMollimizz

Re: Dream Recall Tips

Post by MsMollimizz »

Shatteredsouls,
Dear Lady, you are still writing them down, are you not ?
There still can be messages in "nonsense" dreams !

Izzybit,
Can you elaborate on that ?
What kind of Deja vu are you experiencing ?
Parts of dreams in life ? Pay attention to what
is going on, listen for "hidden" meanings if the
two are merging-reasons and purposes for everything !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
laakshi

Post by laakshi »

It's not that easy, but try to recall the most significant event of the dream, sit tight and start making connections which eventually will talk about other things in the dream. You must write it or record it somewhere for better remembrance.
earth_love

Post by earth_love »

I've read in a book...to recite a question you'd like answered in dream & ask to remember your dream, upon waking. Recite this while you're drifting into sleep. It has worked for me & vaguely given me some tips with my question I asked. I always pay attention to the vivid dreams because there's meaning in those.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Merry Meet, Dreamers...

Post by Firebird »

shatteredsouls wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:08 am Hello! Thank you for offering help to all others who needs it. Personally, I dreamt of quite a lot of nonsensical stuff often so I have learnt to ignore them. Haha! XD
Sometimes it's the imagery and symbols encountered in those crazy dreams that have the message, so they probably should not be ignored but explored. Find a good dream book to try and break down symbol meanings.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”