anyone else have dreams set to music

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
mysticfyrefly

anyone else have dreams set to music

Post by mysticfyrefly »

I dream in color and have music playing in my dreams like my favorite songs and things lol its like being in a movie anyone else do this? it sure helps me remember the dreams later too because i have the song in my head Im a very musical person maybe thats why I dunno.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I dont remember alot of dreams with music in them..
Of course now and then i do, but in the majority for me, i dont have music playing.
Or when my alarm goes off, (when it use to play the radio).. it would incorporate it into the dream, so i wouldn’t wake... so i had to change to a beeping noise...
Which still likes to be incorporated into the dream so i wont notice.. :D

I think its pretty sweet to have dreams with an ongoing musical theme to them...
I might have to pay a little more attention next dream..
And see if i have overlooked the musical ascept of it..

BB. Tymar
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

another thing i'm not listening to any music like in the back ground it has to be really quiet for me to sleep i can't sleep with any music on ha
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

I only had this happen once, when I was at the backseat of the car, listening to music on my iPod and fell asleep. I don't remember what the dreams I saw were about, but I remember that many songs from the playlist I was playing turned up in the dream, like background music.

Other than that, I don't get music in my dreams that much. The only dream with music that I particularly remember was a dream where I had come up with a new nice song while travelling through a town like Las Vegas, and the person that was in the car with me said I should name it "sth Part 2" so that people would buy my albums just to find Part 1. And then I kept singing the melody of that song over and over. Too bad I don't remember it anymore, it was really nice....

Also (because you said you dream in color), my dreams have very dull colors most of the time. Apart from when I see dreams where I am in my village or nature in general, most of my dreams have grey and blue as their dominant colors. The strange thing is that my room, with only the limited light I have on before I go to sleep, looks mostly blue and grey. This could explain the colors...
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I had a look at dream moods today.
And looked up Music..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To hear harmonious and soothing music in your dream, is a good omen of prosperity, pleasure and the expression of your emotions in a positive way. Music serves to heal the soul.

To hear discordant music in your dream, signifies unhappiness and troubles in the home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

Along the lines of the post of music in dreams my dreams,
last night had me trigger everyone in the room with a catchy tune...

"" Heavens Is N The Back Seat Of My Cadillac . let me take you there, Yeah yeah... ""

It was such a laugh, over 30 people in a small pub room.. jumping up and signing those same words over and over and over.. we raised such a high.. everyone was laughing and singing.

Just thought i would share.. got to love - Hot Chocolate ...
BB Tymar..

SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

I always have dreams with color. I don't understand why it is such a big deal, doesn't everybody have dreams in color?

Now with music, I've had some. Each one of those dreams were nightmares too. That is why when I start to hear music in a dream, I try to wake myself up.
-Seeker Gray-

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence."
Aleister Crowley
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

I've read that people that can't remember their dreams well often remember them as black and white, but I don't know how true is that. I've never seen a black and white dream, just very dull colours, like I said earlier. I think it's probably true that the more vividly you remember your dreams, the more vivid the colours are.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Most of the time my dreams are black and white
But the really goods are in color, with music. peoples voices. Even smells
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
MVTirado

Re: anyone else have dreams set to music

Post by MVTirado »

mysticfyrefly wrote:I dream in color and have music playing in my dreams like my favorite songs and things lol its like being in a movie anyone else do this? it sure helps me remember the dreams later too because i have the song in my head Im a very musical person maybe thats why I dunno.
I saw this and had to reply. LOL, I have had one dream that was actually like a movie preview, theme music, announcer and everything... it was pretty wild. I've only had a couple of other dreams that I can remember with music, but the movie one... omg, it was so trippy. And it had nothing to do with any movie I had seen, preview I had seen, song I heard, or anything else.
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

lol i've done that too its really funny most of my dreams are like movies like i'm an actress in someone elses body i've even been men I wish I could take my dreams and record them I'd have some pretty kickin stuff... allot of the time they have hidden meaning but I dont' know how the heck to interpret them I had one recently where it was set in anime and no I dont watch allot of anime either I was a man and the woman opposite character of mine looked at me said you are lacking one power my child and I said whats that she said you lack dream interpretation ha whats that supposed to mean ...
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I almost always dream in color. In rare occasions, I have had black-and-white dreams which I recall vividly, perhaps because they are b&W.

In one odd case, the dream was in brown-and-white, like a really old photo or movie with the colors faded to brown-and-white. That one was pretty funny actually, and I had that one almost thirty years ago. It started with a 20-something-old Ringo Starr sitting on an old box crate, wearing large boots that went up over his knees, a long scarf, a long winter overcoat, and the same hat he wore in this one scene in "A Hard Day's Night." He was smoking a cigar and a bunch of thugs tried to attack him. He stood up and beat the tar out of all of them, very Chuck Norris style, then calmly went back to the crate, sat back down, and resumed smoking his cigar. I love Ringo, but never saw him as an action hero except in this dream. :lol: Ringo, Texas Ranger. Hmmm.... :P This was years before that TV show, too.

As for music, I have music in my dreams from time to time. In some cases, they are tunes I've never heard in real life with bizarre garbled lyrics. One example, to keep the long story short, the song involved an amusement park carousel. Apparently the carousel was named "Humpty Rose" and the lyrics went "Up and Down and Round it goes, we're on our way to the Humpty Rose." Welp, I warned you the lyrics get weird and garbled. The dream itself actually involved danger, as was the case in most of my amusement park dreams up until fairly recently, but I digress.

At other times, the music is from real life. One time, I dreamed I turned into some kind of canoe and floated off my bed and out the window, all to the tune of "Flying" by the Beatles.

Occasionally, the music playing in the room integrates itself into the dream. One very blissful example, again I dreamed I was a canoe floating outside down a spring during a cool but sunny day. The music was from a theta-brainwave meditation CD I was playing by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson, a part when flutes were playing.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
redrockwolf

Dreaming in Color

Post by redrockwolf »

I've always dreamed in vivid colors. Most of the time, it's like real-life. But sometimes the colors are ultra-vivid. Every so often, I do have music in the background, "like a movie playing", as you said.

But, usually, any music in my dreams is from another character. Someone singing or playing music.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”