Interesting; Helping land spirits?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Sercee

Interesting; Helping land spirits?

Post by Sercee »

I had an interesting dream last night that I thought I'd share. It's missing parts (still pulling them out of my memory) but still...

I was part of a group of people who were boating/racing/floating on a river. The pace of the water spread from lazy to swift depending on where in the valley you were. The valley itself was beautifully green, forested and steep. There were roads and paths down to the water and a tent/parking area near the top. It seemed this area was used for a lot of outdoor groups.

I, for whatever reason, decided to split from the group a bit. I didn't go too far, but I enjoyed the river on my own then spent a while lugging firewood and supplies up to the tent. After the group was done, though, I was told that I didn't do my share so I'd have to do extra while they were on the river again. I was offended, but didn't really mind so I did a spectacular job of cleaning the camp area, recycling bottles, and picking up after everyone; I decided that since it was my responsibility to do the work I was going to make it like we weren't ever there.

While I was cleaning, I encountered several beings: a young man, a younger woman, and another that I can't really identify either way. At first they seemed like surly campers, but when I looked closer they all looked pale and zombielike. Sort of the way MacDermot's friend was in American Werewolf in Paris while he was following him around as a ghost corpse. Anyway, they were really sad and upset because they were treated really badly, disrespected, ignored, and generally trashed. They stuck with me while I was cleaning and we sort of became allies, like I was supposed to save them from the other campers. They were obsessed with the valley and seemed to get a bit healthier and stronger as I worked with them.

I'm not really sure how it ended up, but I felt like I was being charged to guard and protect that area. It was pretty cool.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

that certainly is interesting. did the "things" do anything of note or is it like they were just there?
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Hey, maybe you went camping in Asphodel, and were helping out dead people. :-)

http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/Underworldmap.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphodel_Meadows
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Sobek, the "things" didn't really do anything except be repressed. I just sensed that there was a connection between their pain and the actions taken by the people who use the area. As I did things to clean it up and defend them (there came a point where they were sort of seen by the others but that wasn't very clear) they were less unhappy. Never happy, just less UNhappy.

Juniper, That's some cool stuff. It doesn't seem the same but it gives me something to read up on! I love finding new things to learn about. Thanks :)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

That's cool. I just like providing people with more info and a different perspective. Since I wasn't in your dream (that I know of!) I can't say what it's like. :-)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”