real-life location constantly showing up in dreams as a different place

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
purplesea

real-life location constantly showing up in dreams as a different place

Post by purplesea »

I don’t know if I can explain this well enough for it to make to anyone else but basically I’ve had so many dreams all centered around a specific geographical location but the actual place/setting changes all the time

Like for example it’s been a pier/marina type thing a few times, other times it’s been a mountain range and other times it’s been a bar/club and idk how to explain it but it’s always in the exact same location - which is a spot in my village a few minutes drive from my house

The only significance the location has irl is that it’s actually a hotel and when I was a teenager me and some friends sneaked into the marquee they had for wedding receptions in the gardens of the hotel and stole all the beer they had in the fridges :shock: we did get arrested for it but not charged and basically just given a slap on the wrist (we were 14/15 at the time and had never been in trouble with the police before)

I just find it really strange/intriguing how this keeps popping up in my dreams in different disguises all these year later (I’m 30 now so it’s well over a decade ago)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: real-life location constantly showing up in dreams as a different place

Post by Firebird »

So no matter what the external setting is, the core of the dream is this hotel where you stole beer?
Could you maybe still have underlying guilt about the theft?
You also mentioned the hotel was close to your home. A place where you had a core reality for a time. The brain of an adolescent boy/man girl/woman is open to a great deal of impressions that can leave a life long groove in the brain. At that stage of life "home" has an ambivalent meaning. The young adult is on the verge of breaking out on their own yet not wanting to let go at all. A huge conundrum of emotion which is powerful. (I still get a kind of melancholy when ever I am in the "old" neighborhood). Impressionable things happen in a genus loci will emotionally tie one to a place.
I suspect if you were able to have some kind of closure to the event (theft) that the re-occurring dream loci would shift.
bb, Firebird
ps...by the way, welcome to the board!
please swing through the intros and let us know a bit about your path. Thanks!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
purplesea

Re: real-life location constantly showing up in dreams as a different place

Post by purplesea »

i drove passed the hotel earlier today it reminded me of something from years ago i don’t know why i didn’t remember it to include in the OP :shock:

but yeah about 10 years ago i was walking my dog along the road where the hotel is and before you reach the hotel you have to pass under a bridge that was small bits of woodlands/trees at either side and i remember it must have been about 10pm and around wintertime because it was dark out and on one of the trees by the bridge there was a few stick figures hanging off the branches :shock: they looked quite well made because they used twine to hold the twigs together

i’ve walked passes that same spot countless times since and never seen them again but i remember feeling really freaked out by it at the time

there’s something about that general area i find really unsettling :oops:

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”