Dreamt of a protective wolf

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
GroundedDancer

Dreamt of a protective wolf

Post by GroundedDancer »

I don't usually dream about animals but last night I dreamt about a wolf. This wolf and I had a strong connection from the moment it appeared to me at the Walmart I was visiting (I visit stores a lot in my dreams). The wolf followed me home and gave me feelings of support, strength, protection, and content. When I fell asleep in my dream, the wolf stayed and slept beside me in a protective manner.

I feel like there is more to this dream than just dream, because that feeling of protection and strength stayed with me even when I woke up. However, when I looked up the meaning of wolfs in several books I had, all of them were rather negative stating that the wolf was a symbol of our fears or a sign of another person preparing to betray secrets. I can't really bring myself to believe those interpretations because they seem so far removed from what the wolf did for me in my dream.

Also, thinking about it now, I had a dream of sexual assault (as I often do, wherein I usually wake up heavily disturbed and upset and usually unable to return to sleep) right after my wolf dream. However, this time the dream didn't affect me at all the way it usually would. I woke up calm and unbothered. Perhaps the wolf helped me here too?

Any thoughts?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Dreamt of a protective wolf

Post by SnowCat »

I think you should Google "wolf as a spirit animal." I think you'll find that it's a good thing.
Daughter of Sekhmet
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

I thought perhaps this was a direct connection to my spirit animal, but I didn't think it could show up so... randomly? I had planned to slowly open up to invite my spirit animal to show itself, but I guess its possible that sometimes they show up when /they/ feel you're ready?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

They will also show up when they're needed. I don't think I have ever had one show up according to my schedule. I do have them show up randomly, and in the flesh.
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”