Frightening Dream with a figure

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
GroundedDancer

Frightening Dream with a figure

Post by GroundedDancer »

Hi everyone,

I rarely have frightening dreams, or ones that make me literally shake with fear until I am jolted awake. Last night I did have one though. I might be overreacting and just spooked, but I'm not sure how to differentiate a bad dream and a bad dream with meaning. After all, I have normal dreams and then normal dreams with obvious meaning encoded within.

This dream that I had last night had my heart pulsing hard for about 30 min to an hour after I woke up from it. It was even scarier because when I went to sleep, I didn't realize I was asleep. My dream world felt like my own house, and I was in the same position in bed that I was outside my dream. In my dream, I was worried that there was someone in my house. And eventually when I looked at my doorway, there was a flash of glowing yellow/orange eyes and then there was a full bodied figure covered by shadows. I thought it was a man, but a flash of light briefly appeared and I caught a glimpse of a half-horse-half-man instead. He was staring straight at me. He didn't do anything but I freaked out and ended up waking up shortly after.

The feeling of alarm didn't pass for a long time, and I slept in bits and pieces the rest of the night.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Frightening Dream with a figure

Post by SnowCat »

Was the figure you saw, a centaur?
Daughter of Sekhmet
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

I suppose so. When it was visible, it seemed very much like a centaur. When it was not, it just looked like a man.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

What have you been dealing with in your waking hours that is frightening or very difficult to overcome?
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

firebirdflys wrote:What have you been dealing with in your waking hours that is frightening or very difficult to overcome?
Bb, FF
Definitely my fear of dancing again after my injury.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I can relate to that fear, to a certain extent. I'm recovering from a broken hip, and dealing with the fear of not being able to really get back on my feet, and get back to work. I feel like the centaur type figure from your dream means something, but I'm not sure what.
Daughter of Sekhmet
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

SnowCat wrote:I can relate to that fear, to a certain extent. I'm recovering from a broken hip, and dealing with the fear of not being able to really get back on my feet, and get back to work. I feel like the centaur type figure from your dream means something, but I'm not sure what.
Oh my, I really hope you get back on your feet quickly and safely. My ankle injury was pesky enough and it dragged down my mental health alongside with it even though I'm technically healed up. I'm sure you'll be back up and at it with time, I'll definitely keep you in my intentions. I'd assume you are doing/are going to be doing physical therapy? It's painful and frustrating, but if the doctors have you do it, keep at it. It really does do wonders. I was lucky enough that my physical therapists were so positive and encouraging throughout the process. Even when I was struggling, after a session they'd high five me and give me positive encouragement before I left the building. That's something I wish everyone who has to go to physical therapy has the chance to encounter. Good people that raise your spirits.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have home health coming in to do physical therapy. I'm making good progress. I did look up centaur and dance. I found several references on Google, to dancing centaurs. Your dream may have meant that you will be able to dance again.
Daughter of Sekhmet
barker

Post by barker »

Centaurs can mean bravery. They don't yield, so you might not have much of a choice...

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”