Murder...In Dreams? Interpretation Please?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
FaePug

Murder...In Dreams? Interpretation Please?

Post by FaePug »

Uuh....I might be a psycopath.
Sooo, my dreams have always been weird, mostly because the majority of them are lucid. The thing about lucid dreams is that I can't do "my wildest dreams" in my lucid dreams, I can only do the things I can do in real life, all anxieties included. Every so often I get a dream where I can take the slightest liberty, wether it's the ability to hover a foot off the ground or the ability to talk to people without being anxious.
Now considering this, let me tell you about a horrific dream I had that seriously makes me question my sanity.
Alright...please don't judge this too quickly but...I was in a class with my older brother. The teacher was a young-looking, 30s maybe, Caucasian woman with long brown hair (can't remember if it was wavy or straight, but it wasn't curly) and blue eyes, I think. She was wearing a tight outfit that I don't totally remember but I think the color scheme was navy-grey-beige. I realize this is very specific, I have a weirdly good memory when it comes to dreams. Now, here's where it gets disturbing; she was teaching us how to burn puppies, starting with their tails. They were little golden retriever pups and she would light their li'l tails up like candles. It gets worse though...I suddenly found myself with a knife. A switchblade, I believe. And I killed the teacher.
(The dream goes on to me stealing candy from a general store with my dad and brother while wearing a Santa Claus coat....)
So, yeah, this dream was horrifying and I want to know how in the world this could be interpreted? Any ideas?
(I swear I'm not deranged....or, at least, I hope I'm not)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Murder...In Dreams? Interpretation Please?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I usually look at all of a dream's actors as representing the dreamer themself, and actions as their feelings. Dreams often dramatically overstate matters to get attention. This was a whopper. Yea, ghastly as it was it's just a stage with a story.

So, metaphorically you'd have been killing off (cancelling out) any inclination within yourself to cause harm or to hurt your own soul with self-loathing which the dream created. Obviously you were upset about the dream. The teacher represents the self as instructor to make a point, & the puppies are also yourself as victim. It may seem silly to create the feeling of self disgust that you want to eliminate, but the dream does that so you can identify the feeling that you want to stamp out.

It's like saying to yourself "Ok so I'm not perfect. Get over it."
FaePug

Re: Murder...In Dreams? Interpretation Please?

Post by FaePug »

Thank you for the interpretation!

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”