Out of the blue dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Out of the blue dream

Post by Firebird »

Well,
I have just returned from a rather whirl wind vacation all around the S. Western US.
First night to have a really good sleep on a familiar bed and in the early a.m. I had an out of the blue, dream.

This is the Reality:
In high school there was a boy that everyone liked. Of course I had a crush as well. He lived in my neighborhood so I saw him a lot and we were pretty good friends, even though we had been intimate we were never really girlfriend/boyfriend. We used to hike frequently in the hills behind our condo complex. When we were younger we used to say we never wanted to grow old and figured 50 was plenty old and we didn't want to live beyond that decrepit wrinkled unmovable state. We were both nature lovers and got out and about whenever possible. He was a year older than me. After high school I didn't see him much except at parties or when he came to visit his mom, we would go for a ride on his Harley. He had traveled a lot and lived in Indonesia for a time, had married and eventually had 2 boys.
I ended up marrying a man with the same name as my friend (who is no way like my friend, the beauty is not in the name for sure) which may neither be here nor there, but it might have to do with the dream. We'll call friend G.
After I married I didn't see or talk to G except (once at the condos) in 25 years and learned of his death in the newspaper.
G passed away when he was 49 from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, never did make it to 50 years. This was over 12 years ago now.

This is the Dream:
Which is always disjointed or maybe the details get lost somehow, But I had just seen G at the Renaissance faire, we were still in costume and he was so glad to see me as I was elated and surprised to see him. We seemd to be in a timeless state as he hadn't aged nor had I. He was just as strapping and gorgeous as ever with his long flowing golden hair. I remember thinking I was so glad to see him and couldn't understand why we hadn't talked, though I knew him to be dead in the dream we didn't aknowledge this. We caught up on old times and decided to go to a party. He went to change out of costume and we were to meet later. When I arrived at the party I couldn't find him. Just as I was giving up and going to leave, he appeared out of nowhere with the "you weren't going to leave without me" words coming out of his mouth. We hung out and talked, visited with others got frisky here and there and continued to mingle in this very large party. We finally decided to leave and meet up at a different party. But I never could find him again, and spent much of the rest of the dream looking for him.

Comment: I like seeing dead people in dreams, it gives a chance to talk to these people again. Yet when I wake I'm always so depressed that they are not on the planet anymore. I hadn't had any communication with G for so long and thought he was really a memory of the past. Why would he come into a dream out of the blue? I have't thought of this guy in a really really long time and have had no communication with his siblings or children ever. I rarely go to the old condo complex except to drive through to the park and that has been a really long time too. I'm just so curious as to why I would dream of someone I hadn't had any thought of just out of the blue like that. I don't have good dream recall but when I do remember a dream. I want to know why!

(ps, this bed I sleep in at Moms seems to create intense dreams. It is also the bed I had the death dream in
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 36613.html, )

Thanks,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Out of the blue dream

Post by SpiritTalker »

Could any of the sites you'djust visited or passed thru on this vacation relate to memories of G? I'm thinking a billboard, restaurant or street sign could trigger a subliminal memory. Then that rolls into wondering how he's doing now, & the first chance you had to really relax & go realm-hopping you did.

Renaissance Faire setting is like being in the Other Worldly place of spirit contact.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Out of the blue dream

Post by Firebird »

Yea that's funny, the Ren Faire seems to be a meeting place. A kind of Valhalla.?
I had fully expected to have great dreams while camping in the Sedona area, but that may have been a really unrealistic expectation.
I do remember a very brief scene while in Laughlin NV there but it was more like a reminder that I am to meet up with a Priestess who had moved to Washington state. I preformed her wedding a couple years ago and she will be in town with new baby next weekend. I basically dreamt that I was to be seeing her at my house.

I wondered about the nature part of the trip, but don't know if there was any thing there that would trigger a memory of G. We were never in these parts together. One thing however...thank you, now that you mention it, there was a whole gang of bikers staying at our hotel in Durango, they were like full dress Harleys rather than choppers, G's Harley wasn't full dress but it wasn't a chopper either...I bet that's it. We also had about 16 state troupers staying in the Durango Hotel, they were leading the pilot cars through the 550 freeway because of the 416 fire.
G's house caught on fire once we were up in the hills and could see it from there, and one year our whole condo complex had to evacuate because of a fire sweeping through the area that burned all the way to the ocean in 1970, I think his family did not heed the warnings to evacuate. (as I recall only a couple units have very minor damage from that fire) I wonder if the fire had something to do with it too?
It was so smoky there one morning we could hardly breath, but went river rafting anyway!!! well it was on moms bucket list. :lol:
I bet the smoke triggered it too.
The part that seems to reoccurring in these dreams with dead people is that I'm always looking for them and cannot find them.
Thanks Spirit, this makes a bit of sense now, cept ren faire, we never did ren faire together, but it does seem to be a meeting place.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”