Recurring dream about holding hands

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
cherri

Recurring dream about holding hands

Post by cherri »

Hello!

I have a dream that I would like to have interpreted since it has now come back for the third time.

This dream is about a very close friend of mine of the opposite gender whom I have dated a little for a while in the past although that never went anywhere since I ended it :/ ... I dream that we hold hands. Just that.

In the first dream we were sitting on a bench outside and he took my hand and it felt like electricity, it was so intense and I felt so in love. This was right before I ended our dating and I remember feeling scared when I woke up because I had been in a really bad relationship before I met him and I didn't WANT to be that in love with someone again and I also thought to myself that the dream made no sense since I didn't even feel that way for him.

The second dream I had a couple weeks later. In that one he had gotten himself a girlfriend and all three of us were going to the cinema together and he sat in the middle between the two of us.
Suddenly I started to cry which I tried to hide but he noticed it, reached for my hand and kept holding it without letting his girlfriend see it.

In the most recent dream we were at the cinema again but this time it was only him and I. It was mid-day and almost empty in the theatre and he was sitting in the row behind me for some reason. We highfived before the movie started but I held on to his hand afterwards while feeling hopeless because I believed he was gonna pull his hand back because he no longer has those feelings for me but instead he held on and we intertwined our hands and I felt really happy. Suddenly I had to go though and when I came back I had been gone for so long that he was just upset and disappointed in me. The dream ends.

I have had many dreams about people i've had feelings for but usually we don't just sit there and hold hands so I was wondering if this has any special meaning to it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Recurring dream about holding hands

Post by SpiritTalker »

All I can think of is pretty plain vanilla that no matter what your emotions were doing you sensed only warm but platonic & friendly caring in return.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I agree with SpiritTalker. He sounds very supportive, but not romantic.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
barker

Post by barker »

My thoughts:

Holding hands: healing earth
Hugs: remembering earth

(Happened to me in real life...)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”