What does it mean?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
GroundedDancer

What does it mean?

Post by GroundedDancer »

Hello all,

I've recently come to the conclusion that my dreams mean much more than just random imagery (of course, there are days when my dreams are just craziness that stems from movies I watch or books I read). I've had dreams that show me bits of the future in both major events of my life and minor everyday things, and I've had a dream that I believe was warning me of an urgency in finding myself (I believe that my dream sent me such a strong warning because I have completely shut out my inner guides and turn blind eyes to just about everything that I should really be trying to understand and engage).

Anyway, I keep having dreams of flying. No wings or anything like that, just flying. Not superhero style flying, just, I can lift my arms like a bird and it takes me away up into the air. I also have dreams often where I loose my teeth. Sometimes its just one, and other times I loose several. What do these things mean?

I haven't really had the resources to buy a dream dictionary, and doing a vague google search usually turns up all sorts of results. Can anyone help me?
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: What does it mean?

Post by planewalker »

Sky,

Flying dreams would make me think you're looking for more freedom or another change that's important to you. Losing teeth is something we've all been through, singly and multiples missing. There were times I was a kid and looked like I'd been punched in the mouth - HARD. It's also a change and a maturing. We also get a visit from the tooth fairy, so we're rewarded for the change. Think about what that might mean to your life situation.
If your finding your having prophetic dreams you should use a dream journal. Keep a notebook and pen beside your bed so you can get all the details down. That way you can check them and see the interval until they come true, etc.
PM me if you want to talk about it. I'll be on and off forum all weekend.

Planewalker
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

For me, loosing my teeth in a dream has always been an easy way to become Lucid.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I usually experience being out of body as flying dreams. As I've come to understand it, the spirit body naturally loosens and hovers just slightly out of phase & above the physical when we sleep. It's a natural function but we aren't always aware of it.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

GroundedDancer wrote:Hello all,
Anyway, I keep having dreams of flying. No wings or anything like that, just flying. Not superhero style flying, just, I can lift my arms like a bird and it takes me away up into the air. I also have dreams often where I loose my teeth. Sometimes its just one, and other times I loose several. What do these things mean?
GroundedDancer,
Dreams of loosing teeth can mean you are feeling like your "loosing face",
you feel as tho people are loosing "trust" in you ?
Flying dreams can mean you have a deep need to "break free" of restraints,
restrictions...etc.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”