Wolves in my dreams

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Pandemonium

Wolves in my dreams

Post by Pandemonium »

After now admitting to myself that I have an interest in wicca and actively starting my craft and joining groups, there's a dream that I've had before that is striking back and I'm wondering what it could mean. Everybody that knows me well in person knows I adore wolves. I've been drawing them since I'm 11 (I'm 24) and one of my birthday gifts once was to visit the Iberian wolf rescue center here in Portugal. There was a risk of not seeing even 1 wolf that day, but we did see many. There was even an awesome episode of me kneeling, and the youngest wolf there looked me straight in the eye, not even a meter away from me (and it's even recorded). Was one of the best moments of my life. What I mean by this is that I am not afraid of wolves, or at least, I don't see them as evil beings at all.

So yeah, there's this dream where I wander into forests, and sometimes there will be packs of wolves nearby, kind of hunting me but at the same time shy if I show them I'm not afraid. The last dream I had with them though, they did attack me. As I defended myself from one, I managed to "hit" the wolf... without even touching it. I felt bad ! haha. What could these dreams even mean?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Wolves in my dreams

Post by SpiritTalker »

Im just wondering why are you thinking that it must it have a significance beyond being a dream? Just a feeling? All parts of a dream can represent the dreamer. That's Psych 101 in a can :D You are both the wolf pack, the single wolf, and yourself, and all acts are yours. You just analyze the action: what you did and why. You felt threatened and punched back. so is something threatening your peace of mind in daily life? The dream may just be saying so.

If you personally feel the dream has some esoteric significance, only you can decipher it from your personal lexicon of subconscious symbolism. Keeping a dream diary is usually helpful to spot those personal symbols.

If you like wolves, you probably know that eye contact is a dominance challenge in pack behavior. :shock:
Pandemonium

Re: Wolves in my dreams

Post by Pandemonium »

I don't know, I like thinking of these things so I was curious haha! And it's the third time that this happens, I usually never dreamt about wolves before this year. o:

But that thing about me being both the wolf pack, the single wolf and myself really struck me (I feel silly now). My aim in the dream was to reach a place, I think. Maybe I've been shooting my own foot at my own progress? It does indeed make sense

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”