Oura Simone - My Dreams

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Oura Simone

Oura Simone - My Dreams

Post by Oura Simone »

Yesterday, I dreamt that I was back at my entrance exam of my art academy (I graduated several years ago). Only this time, it was about whether or not I'll be "admitted to witchcraft" or not. Four people were judging the two (or three?) sculptures I had made for this occasion, including one made from an old sketch book filled with drawings.

One of the examiners was a young woman, she was very friendly, and I talked the most with her. But I was also somehow under the impression that she "mattered the least" of my examiners. One examiner was an older man, he seemed friendly enough. The two other examiners were older folks, but I couldn't judge their reactions.

There was also my boyfriend, who told me: "If you'd have told us that you're a witch, then we could have supported you better."

The outcome of the exam was not part of the dream.

The entire dream was a bit unpleasant and awkward, eventhough I wouldn't say it was a nightmare.

For a long time, I've thought of dreams as basically letters from my subconsciousness. I currently have no intention of changing that view, although I might at one point in the future.

I think this dream is about my anxiety regarding witchcraft, and whether or not it's something for me.

I think this dream tells me that apparently I place some importance on what other people think, when it comes to my spiritual path. Maybe this is worth questioning.

I think the dream is also about my fear of being in a closet again - the broom closet, where I guess we all start in by default. As a queer person, I'm terrified of closets - I came out at a rather young age, because I couldn't stand not openly being myself. Yesterday, I told my boyfriend that I'm looking into witchcraft. His reaction was ok - more befuddled than fully supportive, but he doesn't have "a problem" with it. I think I have a fair amount of anxiety about this as well.

I intend this thread to be a dream diary. Everybody is welcome to chime in! I appreciate other interpretations and insights.
I actually don't remember my dreams all that often, unfortunately. But maybe making myself remember more dreams could be a spell to try out?
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Oura Simone - My Dreams

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

With witchcraft what matters the most is what speaks to you, not what other people think.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think your dream self is working out things that you weren't entirely aware of. Witchcraft is still not as mainstream as a number of other paths, and we don't really have the cultural ties that the "Big Religions" have. I have been out of the broom closet for more than 40 years, as I was always very "in your face" about my path. Rebellion against my Catholic upbringing. I have no reference point for being in the closet gender wise, as I have always been firmly heterosexual. None of it right or wrong, it just is. Things would be pretty boring if we were all alike.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

Thank you both for your input!
SnowCat wrote:I think your dream self is working out things that you weren't entirely aware of.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

I can't really remember the dreams of yesterday - I believe something about a cardboard box - but this morning I woke up more easily and rested than usual :)
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

Yesterday, I dreamt about work. I don't usually do that, but has happened a couple of times over the last few weeks; I think it's a sign that I need holidays :) Luckily, spring break is coming up.

More interestingly, I dreamt that a big, black spider craweled up my arm and disappeared up my t-shirt sleeve. I don't know what to make of that. IRL, I would definitely be scared and grossed out by a spider crawling up my sleeve. In the dream, however, I didn't have any negative or positive feelings about it. I haven't recently consumed any media involving spiders, either... strange.
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

I dreamt today that I was contacted by a spiritual entity. She was female, and a positive and welcoming presence. This is a very vague memory, one of those dreams that almost immediately slip away when you awake. I'm not even sure when it happened, it was either when I dozed off on the train on my way home, or when I took a short nap after I arrived home.

I still think there is a good chance that this is something my subconsciousness came up with, simply because I want this to happen. But I'm open to the possibility that I might actually have been contacted by a benevolent spiritual entity.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”