I had a christian themed dream but I'm not christian?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Lux

I had a christian themed dream but I'm not christian?

Post by Lux »

I thought I'd share my really intense dream from last night;

Now I'm not even remotely Christian, so I'm not sure why my dream was so Christian themed.

Jesus appeared to me and held my hand, he was the kind of glowing image that you usually see on Christian books, shrines etc. When he let go of my hand he suddenly turned into a ghostly figure on the cross, the sky behind him was red and black like a red sunset. The landscape was barren and dusty. I could feel his pain, not sure how I knew it came from him but somehow I just knew it was his pain. My stomach physically cramped and I got this burning sensation in my solar plexus. I heard him calling "help me" and I asked him how I could help. He said I couldn't help him, and I was confused, but I realized he wasn't calling for help from me. These squares started appearing in the sky around him, or maybe they were already there and I didn't notice. They hung around him, and there were hundreds of them, all this cloudy grey colour. I asked him again how I could help him and he said I couldn't, he looked at the grey squares and said they had to help him. I cried, really bitterly because I couldn't help him.

I woke up very nauseated and emotional. It took a while for my stomach to un-cramp itself.

Any thoughts or insights on this? It's one of the most vivid and gripping dreams I've had in a while.
Now that I've written it down, maybe I'm just supposing it's Jesus? He never said who he was.
Becks

Re: I had a christian themed dream but I'm not christian?

Post by Becks »

Well, there are pagans who dream of other prophets, gods etc, and perhaps they weren't raised in that tradition. For example I'm not Haida, but I dream about Dogfish Woman. I look at the saints or Jesus or the Christian "God" as a god worthy of respect and capable of delivering messages. I think about the "Christ Consciousness" as an important aspect but I don't have to be a follower of Christ to get a message. I would reflect on the dream and think about what you think might have been the message or important communication. Was it the sacrifice? The suffering? Or something else?
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hi there :)

I recommend meditation as well. What are the squares representing? How many of them, what colors, we're they all squares? The only way to know is to experience.

Maybe it's a key to end suffering?
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Who says Jesus is only limited to Christianity? I recall an old Greek text from a magician who evoked many gods and Jesus was also on there.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
searching4truth

Post by searching4truth »

Maybe Before you sleep again tonight keep repeating please help me to talk again with an open heart and open mind. There are things I have dreamt that I don't understand because I am not ready to because the message is beyond my grasp. But try to dream again focusing on what is being conveyed. Just a thought!
Lux

Post by Lux »

corvidus wrote:Hi there :)

I recommend meditation as well. What are the squares representing? How many of them, what colors, we're they all squares? The only way to know is to experience.

Maybe it's a key to end suffering?

These squares are definetley puzzling me. They were all grey, and they appeared so quickly and briefly in the dream that I can't seem to glean any information
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Hi, the squares is a male symbol, as a circle is a female symbol. Now you said you are not sure it was jesus because he never said his name but I would go with your first instint. You asked him twice can you help and he said no only they can help. It feels to me that your very empathetic taking in his pain and the fact he denied you, it was feeling like he was denying himself comfort. So you could not take away your pain because he didn't allow you to take his pain away.
The color grey is a mixture of light and darkness is almost symbolic of yin and yang. One coexsists with the other in harmony but it seems that the yang is taking up more space.
Now the fact you have a red sunset which I take as passion but the land was barren and dusty. As if there is no excitment in the romance department.
I could read more into this but it would take me time. I hope I help some. Blessed Be

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”