Hawk Or Owl?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
GirlUnderTheTree

Hawk Or Owl?

Post by GirlUnderTheTree »

So last night I had a pretty long dream (my dreams tend to jump from subject to subject ex: one minute I'm sitting in wall mart the next i'm swimming in the ocean) but one part in particular, just before I awoke, caught my attention. Here's what happened:

I was in a living room, I sat on the ground and started seeing some spiders just crawling on the couch. I just kinda avoided them. My Auntie and Uncle sat on the second couch. They had an owl and a hawk with them. I felt a little bit more safe with the hawk around figuring it would maybe eat the spiders. I remember seeing a big black spider on the ground and having a tiny black spider crawling up my jeans. That was all it took, I quickly brushed the small spider off and ran and sat on the other side of the coffee table.

I felt a lot safer being closer to the hawk. The hawk flew off the couch and onto either my shoulder or arm I can't recall exactly. I petted the creature and began to actually take a pretty good look at it. It looked exactly like a great horned owl but it's coloring was much more of a reddish brown with spots on its chest. In light of this examination I asked my uncle what kinda of bird this was. He replied with "it's a hawk" in a kinda you already knew that tone.

Anyways so as I'm holding this "hawk" I notice my brother come inside. My brother sits down in my old spot and I quickly warn him of the spiders. So of course he looks around picks up and bug and sets it down and little ways away from me. It's a black ant which I assume is maybe what I thought was a black spider.

I stand up and my brother holds up this white, almost see through, spider and gets this sly smile on his face. Quickly I start booking it for the hallway. I turn around just in time to see the spider crash into a fish tank not but two feet away. The hawk flew off my shoulder and now circles above me before landing on my shoulder again. I watch as the spider drowns, and wonder if I should try and save him or let the fish eat him.

The questions:
1. So was it a hawk or an owl? Should I be looking up the meaning of a hawk or an owl? Or Both? Any thoughts on this?

2. I do have a fear of spiders but the clear translucent on seemed to mean more than the average ones. Any thoughts?

3. Here's a thought that I would like opinions on. Was the hawk/owl just there to deliver a message? Was it my totem animal? Or, Is it that recently I've been having nightmares about spiders in particular, and have been asking for guidance and trying different crystals, ect. to try and get rid of them. This hawk/owl appeared as sort of a protector against the thing that I fear most (in this case being spiders) and that's why I felt so safe around them and they followed me throughout the nightmare? Any thoughts or opinions guys?

Sorry it was so long but thanks again for reading this through.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Nature is my church, and my heart is my guide.
~blessed be everyone~
Becks

Re: Hawk Or Owl?

Post by Becks »

I think it's hawk. I say this becuase you said it...repeatedly. I don't know where the owl part comes in, but if I had to guess I would say that it is your brain trying to fill in detail of an animal that maybe you aren't that familiar with? Colours aside, I would look st types of hawk in your community. A buteo has more of a rounded body then an accipiter. Buteos are more likely to be hunting in open fields and their bodies are designed for that. Accipiters have long tails and slender profiles for skimming in and out of trees.

I'd keep an eye out for more messages. This was a good dream. A significant dream. Hawk may be your animal, but you would probably want other signs to support that.

So yeah, check out local kinds of hawk to your area, maybe there is one that fits the bill.... Or beak. Hahah bird humour.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

The hawk, and it is probably a guardian.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
GirlUnderTheTree

Post by GirlUnderTheTree »

Thank you both for the replies, I'm defiantly gonna have to look up some Hawks.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Nature is my church, and my heart is my guide.
~blessed be everyone~

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”