Premonition of Dad Dying

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
AquarianMoon

Premonition of Dad Dying

Post by AquarianMoon »

Ok, so I thought I would share this dream with you all. :-) It occurred over 2 years ago when my dad was diagnosed with leukemia in his early 70s. It took the hospital a number of months before they discovered his illness and by then it was too late. He passed away almost 2 years ago and I had this dream whilst he was in hospital.

I remember it vividly like it was yesterday. In my dream I was standing outside the doors of the hospital with my dad and he looked like he did in old photographs, when he was in his early 20s. We were standing chatting and my dad went to walk off. I turned to him and said to him something along the lines of, "You're not well, you need to back in the hospital". He turned and said to me, "I'm ok now" and as he turned to walk away, he faded away into the distance.

Ever since my dad was diagnosed he knew this was the end for him. To me this was my dad's way of saying goodbye.
Letting me know that he would no longer be here. At the time of the dream, I pushed it to the back of my mind, I didn't want to believe that my daddy was going to die. But now, thinking back on the dream, it gives me comfort - maybe because he came to me, he let me know and he said goodbye and told me that he was ok now.

What do you guys think??
Heartsong

Re: Premonition of Dad Dying

Post by Heartsong »

I think you're right and that was your dad telling you good-bye.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Becks

Post by Becks »

Absolutely. My Dad did the same thing pretty much. It's a beautiful gift. Treasure that knowing.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

This completely choked me up...
Rest in peace, dad. What a gift he gave you... to find some peace in what was happening.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
AquarianMoon

Post by AquarianMoon »

Thanks guys. I do treasure the dream and the fact that I now know that he is ok :-) Xx

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”