A strange, scary dream. Thoughts?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

A strange, scary dream. Thoughts?

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to share a dream i had last night while its still fresh in my memory. I always have strange vivid dreams and i also have a dream journal where i like to document these dreams. Sometimes these dreams are precognitive. It seems like i either remember an entire dream or dont remember having one at all.

The one i had last night scared me like no other dream has before. I would also like to mention that for as long as i can remember ive had an irrational fear of komodo dragons. Yes, big lizards make my skin crawl. Anyway.

The dream started off with my best friend and i looking at wedding dresses in an op shop.

Then i remembed being in a two story house/building with my husband and kids. The walls were white and the carpet was blue. There were huge glass windows down all of the corridors ect. The view was nice, blue sky and a huge tropical garden.

This is where the scary part begins. I noticed a flying komodo dragon out of the window. In my dream i could feel intense fear. I then noticed the komodo land on the outside of a window smashing it and trying to get at my family and i. I should also mention that these komodos had long red tongues like something of an unwordly creature. It also spat some kind of lethal liquid. At this point i realised they were flying killer komodo dragons.

My family and i locked ourselves in different rooms tryinf to hide from them. But no matter what window we looked out of there was always a komodo in sight trying to get at us. I remember trying my hardest to protect my kids whilst being scared out of my wits. Eventually, there were thousands of komodos outside and some inside. The dream just got scarier and scarier. I then remember n army of men with huge machine guns killing these komodos. Some of these men were killed by them.

At this point i remember trying to wake myself out of my dream. I eventually woke up and i was crying.

The way i have interpreted so far, the komodos represent a fear i have in my life whether or not it has anything to do with my kids im not sure.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Becks

Re: A strange, scary dream. Thoughts?

Post by Becks »

Are you under any kind of stress right now? Or is there an unknown factor going on, or transition for your family? It sounds like your subconscious might be a bit worried about something to manifest such an obviously stressful dream for you. That's my first thought.

*Becks discretely makes a note never to mention Komodo dragons to EtherialMoonRose.* :wink2:
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Yes, I'd say I've been under a bit of stress lately. I think you are spot on. (Like usual!)

Haha, people think its funny when i tell them I'm scared of komodos! I understand why though as it is a rather random thing to be scared of :-)
Becks

Post by Becks »

*Becks shrugs*
Hey man, I'm not gonna judge. I have an irrational fear of heights, clowns, and catheterization. :oops:
I should mention that this does not need to occur as a "triple threat". Any single one would do. :lol:
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

I'm also afraid of heights!! And who isn't afraid of catheterization? ;-) I remember watching a show once, can't remember the name, but a man had a fear of peaches!! I thought that was a bit strange. The minds a funny thing, isn't it?!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Heights make me nervous. Clowns are okay. I considered becoming a clown many years ago. Catheterization is only okay if I'm on the distal end of the catheter. Even then, it's not my favorite procedure. But it goes with being a nurse.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Brave woman.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

To me this sounds like you feel things are going too well. You feel like you don't deserve the life you have.

You expect something bad to come out of nowhere and upset it all.

( just a little general anxiety. )
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

That's quite possible too mrsdavid. I do have general anxiety disorder so I am always a little anxious. I really hope I don't have the same dream ever again :-/

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”