Night Terrors

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
AlasseShadowDragon86

Night Terrors

Post by AlasseShadowDragon86 »

I have suffered from night terrors since I was a child. When I was a child they were all the time practically as a teen they slowed down a bit as an adult they started to slow down a bit more then they picked up again. I do not understand this at all and I also suffer from insomnia. My mom said that as a baby I would sleep during the day and have a lot of energy at night. That has never changed as long as I can remember. Like as a child I would go to bed at 8pm and not go to sleep until about 12am. This still holds true today. 3 years ago I would walk with a few friends at night and I was so pumped up and ready for the day/night etc. I was told by a doctor there is nothing I can do about it other then learn to go to sleep. I have tried going to bed earlier but that doesn't work etc. But what I have noticed is that during the day I am open partially and during the night I am really open. So I have no clue why this is but its been this way since I can remember. I was also wondering if night terrors were tied into this?
YanaKhan

Re: Night Terrors

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, AlasseShadowDragon86,
When you have a moment, please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you.
doubleg35

Post by doubleg35 »

Guess I'm not the only one. I too have had night terrors since a child. Never seeked help. I learned to cope and still going strong. I wish you nothing but the best and wish you strength
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My nine year old granddaughter has night terrors. Taking benadryl at bedtime seems to help, although it tends to lead to some rather entertaining sleep talking. The night we were trying to get home from Yellowstone is a case in point. Every one was exhausted and crabby. The older three kids took benadryl to help them nap. Cue Shannon's sleep monologue. "Please Mr. Piggy, don't eat my goldfish!" Mr. Piggy is her older brother's stuffed pig. My daughter and I tried asking her if she was asleep in awake. The monologue continued. "I'm sorry, Mr. Piggy, Mr. Codfish came back from the dead." Reference to a previous dream. The monologue continued in this vein for about fifty miles, at which point Shannon woke up and wanted to know what was so funny. That conversation was good for another fifty miles. Apparently Shannon dreams like I do. We had to explain to my daughter that the catfish didn't eat the mice in the dream because in spite of being cats, they were fish. Fish with cat faces. Made perfect sense to me. Anyway, some type of mild sleep aid might settle your sleep level to a point that night terrors won't happen. Just watch out for talking doorknobs. That's a possible side effect of dramamine. Hallucinations.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”