Jormungandr in a dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Absinthe

Jormungandr in a dream

Post by Absinthe »

A little while back I had a dream/nightmare(really a weird dream) that I was in the middle of nowhere, a desert.
I walked for a bit and found a house with a family in it who were crazy and very strange. I can't remember much of how the dream went since it was a while ago but to cut this short.
I ended up outside the house in the dirt digging up something with my hands while one of the crazy family members held a shotgun to me.
As I dug, I started to unearth a massive 'stone' that was revealed to be Jormungandr.
It was beautiful and strange but seemed very important that I dig up this carved stone of Jormungandr.
I've been struggling to find out what it could be pointing to, I'm normally good at finding information but with this I'm stumped.
I'm Scottish and German but I lean more to the Heathen path on the German side of my heritage, I feel more connected to it at this point in my life.
Any ideas? I'm not too bothered about the rest of the dream, just the part about Jormungandr and the stone carved of him that I dug up.
Have a great day/night everyone!
“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, If you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”― Rumi
Holdasown

Re: Jormungandr in a dream

Post by Holdasown »

Was it a stone statue of Jormungandr itself or on a stone like the ancestor stones you might see. Image
Absinthe

Post by Absinthe »

It was a carved stone similar to the picture I'm posting.
It felt very real though.
I've never dug anything up before in a dream so that was odd.
I wish I had posted about it earlier when the memory of it was fresher.
Attachments
Something like that, the twisted 8 form
Something like that, the twisted 8 form
peuf_20150528_20.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, If you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”― Rumi
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Well it seems like it's about Jormungandr itself. So things associated with it are Angrboda, Loki, Hela, Fenrir, Midgard, Thor. Jormungandr is also gender neutral and a serpent. In Norse tradition serpents are eaters of bad things and rot. They bring new life. The fact you dug it up means to me something hidden or buried deep. Could you have a family member who was involved in the practice in the past? Even though Thor and it fight eventually there is actually a magic spell on Jormungandr by Odin which protects Midgard. So it could represent that as well. I don't know what else to post about it. Any one of these could apply if you had some idea but sounds like it was out of the blue. I am at work and will try to do a rune or card reading about it if you like.
Absinthe

Post by Absinthe »

"In Norse
tradition serpents are eaters of bad things and
rot. They bring new life. The fact you dug it up
means to me something hidden or buried
deep."---could be a number of things

My mother was involved in the practice, I'm not sure on what her path was. Her father was a freemason (not too sure on how that all works) and his mother was a gypsy woman. Runs on the Scottish side of my family. My cousin too is involved in the practice.
My fiancée as well has it on his side of the family, so there's a lot going on there,its hard to pin point anything exactly.

Recent dreams I've seen wolfs, started with two and then ended up now with one huge black wolf that acts like a guardian in nightmares.

I dream of snakes often though since childhood. As well I befriended a pied crow that gave me 3 small items and since disappeared. A leaf, a piece of golden yellow glass and a twig. Still have them. But first came the crow, then the stone carving of Jormundgandr, then the wolfs.

it seems really important to me, I've been wanting to get the picture of Jormundgandr tattooed on my wrist next since having that dream. Maybe I've found my path etc. Not too sure, trying to brain storm everything. Hope I don't sound crazy or stupid.

The runes or card reading would be wonderful help if you get the chance to do them for me.

I don't think it was out of the blue though because since last year I've gotten more serious about my path and family history as well as learning about the Norse Gods and Goddesses and the stories/poems etc. I've started reading them now at bedtime to my daughter.
So its become a huge part of my life.

Sorry this is so long
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Don't be sorry that's the point to try and work it out, :) . I will do a reading for you tonight when I get home to see what I can find. Crows and wolves sound like Odin but the big wolf sounds like Fenrir? Odin and Loki are tied to together tightly. I promise to post the reading tonight. If you want it private I can pm you. You may want to check out information on Northern Tradition Paganism. They have people who work with the Rokkr or Jotuns and you may find some information. I think one of my Kaldera's books has info on Jormungandr so I will look that up for you too. Sorry I haven't yet it is hard during the week with work and the boy.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

In my tradition, if you strike the Stone, the Living Waters will flow out.

JOR - means 'horse' in a lot of old languages. In the Upanishads (Vedic holy books), the universe was created in a horse's stomach. Shamans ride horses (metaphor for their drums) into the Otherworld.

MUND - means 'protector' 'guardian' and is also the German word for mouth. In Latin, 'mundi' means 'world'.

GANDR - usually denotes something in line with 'magick' or 'charm'.

Maybe this helps, I don't know.
Absinthe

Post by Absinthe »

Holdasown, no worries, I don't mind waiting I have a 2 year old daughter and I've just started studying again so between the both I'm kept busy.
I think you can can pm me Holdasown.
Ill go have a look on Northern Tradition
Paganism, I need to figure it out.
There's no hurry so when you get the chance to get back to me on the subject then great, otherwise no worries :)

Thanks Corvidus, every bit of info is a step closer to figuring out the dream of Jormungandr :)
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

corvidus wrote:In my tradition, if you strike the Stone, the Living Waters will flow out.

JOR - means 'horse' in a lot of old languages. In the Upanishads (Vedic holy books), the universe was created in a horse's stomach. Shamans ride horses (metaphor for their drums) into the Otherworld.

MUND - means 'protector' 'guardian' and is also the German word for mouth. In Latin, 'mundi' means 'world'.

GANDR - usually denotes something in line with 'magick' or 'charm'.

Maybe this helps, I don't know.
I didn't realize it broke down like that how cool.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I know, aren't the roots of language kool!?

It's a bit of an obsession of mine, to break things apart and analyze them (I'm told it's typical for a Virgo)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was dreaming about this thread last night. Not sure what that means.
@Corvidus I have a Virgo grandson. He's progressed from taking everything apart, to assembling elaborate Lego sets, which he cons me into buying, and building elaborate world's in Minecraft and Terrarria. His dad is also a Virgo, but he hasn't really gotten past the take it apart phase.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”