Does anyone know the significance of a tornado in a dream?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
TwilightDancer

Does anyone know the significance of a tornado in a dream?

Post by TwilightDancer »

I always have vivid dreams, lets take a crack at this one.

:fairy:
It started in a house, it seemed familiar but I can't place it. It was a small house-almost a shack(but furnished). My husband, our two cats and another person were there(one of those faceless people that dreams like to throw in). We started to hear tornado sirens so everyone turned and ran into the other room(apparently the other room was the safe zone). For some reason I couldn't get there fast enough before the tornado came crashing in. I dropped to the floor and held on to the floor tiles and the tornado passed right over me.

I wasn't hurt by the tornado. My husband and the other person came back in when it was over to check on me an I was fine. The sirens were still going off so we looked around and saw that it(the tornado) was coming back. My husband picked up his cat and ran back to the other room with the other person. But instead of running with them I ran to the spot where I was before. I noticed my husband had forgotten my cat, so I picked her up and put her beneath me and held onto the tiles once again. and like before, the tornado passed over me and I was unharmed. It seemed weird to put myself in danger again, but for some reason I knew it wouldn't hurt me.

So back to my question: Does anyone know the significance of a tornado in a dream?

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
PaganSerpent

Re: Does anyone know the significance of a tornado in a drea

Post by PaganSerpent »

I'm not very good at dream interpretation and I'm not sure what significance the tornado has in dreams, but maybe the dream means something in regards to protection. In the dream you were not able to make it to the safe-zone, and you had to find a way to keep yourself safe (even though you didn't know for sure you'd survive). After the tornado passed and began to come back, you knew you had been able to protect yourself the first time and you trusted your decision to protect yourself (and another) instead of going to the "safe-zone".

I have been having tornado dreams since I was a child. When I was little I'd have them all the time and they terrified me. Now as an adult I rarely have them.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Are you caught up in something that is spinning out of control? Or do you have so many things on your mind that are swirling around you feel like your thoughts are overwhelming you?
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

firebirdflys wrote: do you have so many things on your mind that are swirling around you feel like your thoughts are overwhelming you?
bb, FF
I do have a-lot going on right now. I'm stressing out about starting my own business. There's so much to do.
PaganSerpent wrote: maybe the dream means something in regards to protection. After the tornado passed and began to come back, you knew you had been able to protect yourself the first time and you trusted your decision to protect yourself (and another) instead of going to the "safe-zone".
Hmm, maybe I need to trust myself more.

Thanks for the inputs.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Lightbringer

Post by Lightbringer »

I tend to have tornadoes in my dream when I'm freaking out about something going on in real life. I think sometimes they also represent anger too.

dreammoods.com is my favorite site for interpreting dream symbols. Here's what it says for tornadoes:
Tornados
To see a tornado in your dream suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. Is there a situation or relationship in your life that may be potentially destructive?

To dream that you are in a tornado means that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. Your plans will be filled with much complications and you will be met with a series of disappointments.
To see several tornadoes in your dream represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”