Same puppy different dream?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
MagicKiara

Same puppy different dream?

Post by MagicKiara »

Hello everyone again. I know I'm not very active here, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why I would dream about the same dog twice. I've never seen it before, and in my dreams I get this feeling that it is a border collie/husky mix even though it just looks like a border collie. Huskies are my favorite breed of dog. The one I used to have was a wedding gift, and he was diagnosed with Epilepsy. We knew we couldn't afford to treat him at the time, so we found a home for him, offering to buy him back if anything went wrong. Instead, his new owners sold him again about a year later without telling me... Anyways, I had this dream some time last year:

I was walking down the streets of my home town. One of the houses I was walking up to, I recognized that it used to have a small terrier at one point in time. Now though, what I'm assuming would be the house owners were outside with a border collie/husky mix sitting outside of their house, a leash tied to the porch that was short enough not to reach the road. It was sitting on the side walk shaking, while the house owners were yelling at it. One of them grabbed the dog and smashed it's head against the sidewalk. I'd guess the puppy was 4 months old, or younger, and now it had a bloody nose, and was yelping/howling. The skin on top of it's nose was skinned and bleeding, and it also had an injury close to its left eye. I was about to step in and stop them, when the other person said to just leave the dog, go inside, and pretend they didn't know what was wrong with the dog. I was still about a quarter of a mile away at this point, but I had seen enough. I ran over, took the leash off of the puppy, picked it up, and ran with it. The closest house I could go to was of a friend of mine's and her father's, so that's where I headed. Once their, my friend and I talked about finding a home for the puppy or putting it in a no-kill shelter, as neither of us (still in high school in the dream) would be able to give the puppy a home.

Last night, the dream was totally different, other than my friend and this puppy still being in the dream. This time it was at her mom's old place, and I was visiting. Their two Boxers were no where to be found, but the border collie/husky puppy was there, always sitting and watching me. I didn't even hear it's claws on the wood floor when I headed to the bathroom, and I remember jumping slightly when I saw the puppy sitting behind me as I was opening the bathroom door. I held the door open, but the puppy acted disinterested, or at least it didn't move. After closing the door however, the puppy some how pulled it back open (it didn't latch properly). A little later, my friend and I decided to go outside. Once out on the porch, we closed the door behind us, and the puppy began to howl.

In both dreams the puppy was the same age, and it's eyes looked sorrowful, yet trusting, and they seemed to stare right through me. Any ideas what it might mean?

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”