I saw my own hand!

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Peregrine

I saw my own hand!

Post by Peregrine »

Last summer 2010, I was watching an instructional video on lucid dreaming. One thing I never noticed all these years, but he pointed out to me, was that usually people cannot see their hands in dreams and he challenged us to try it. Strange, I never thought of it but I realized I did not see my own hands most of the time.

Well, I've been following on my New Year's resolution and actually doing more practice again, instead of just reading all the time. All I have been doing were void meditations and some aura cleansing meditations but still, twice in the past week, I have been able to see my left hand in clear detail. :lol:

In one of the dreams, I met on old friend that I had not seen since the 1980's. He and I were in a room with a bunch of other people and he saw me. He took me by the (left) hand and held it gently, but began to stare intently at the wedding ring on my finger. He looked like he was pondering over that ring or something; not sure what he was doing. Then my husband came up and needed to walk through where our hands were joined so he let go, then I woke up. It was strange to see my own hand in correct details like that.

This afternoon, I dozed off and had another dream and saw my left hand again, only this time it was a bit more of a strange dream. I was holding a snake by the head in my left hand, and put the tip of its tail in its mouth for something to grab onto. It was not a venomous snake, but still I did not want it biting anyone. My little idea did not work, for as soon as my attention was diverted, I could feel the little stinker bite my right hand. It just felt like a little bee sting but it was nothing to fear. Still... again, though, I could see my left hand in correct detail, except my wedding ring was not on my finger this time.

Strange, but cool nonetheless. :lol:
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
john85uk

Re: I saw my own hand!

Post by john85uk »

Did you know there's a whole lot of symbolic meaning to a snake biting it's own tail. Do you interpret your dreams because I bet if you looked into these you'd find a lot. Wish I could lucid dream.
Peregrine

Re: I saw my own hand!

Post by Peregrine »

Yes, that thought occured to me. I've never had a dream involving a snake biting its own tail, at least not to my recollection. It happened after some of my "power meditations." My snake dreams are often the most interesting like that. Some are terrifying, but most of the time they are nothing to fear, just sort of strange at times. In this case, I think it has to do with my own little soul search that started years ago, and I have made numerous comments to myself over the past few months about coming into full circle yet still having so much to learn and practice.

I'm not the best lucid dreamer. I've been able to do it occasionally in very small increments of time every so often but that is about it. I cannot sustain it if and when I do it. I either wake up or just drift off more into the dream.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”