Cursed dreams?? Help?!

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Truthseeker

Cursed dreams?? Help?!

Post by Truthseeker »

I was married to a VERY spiritually abusive and manipulative 'christian' minister for 29 years. Divorced now for 8. Myself and my children who are all grown and in families of their own,in different towns, all keep having tormenting nightmares, bad ones. The kind you feel all day afterwards. HE is always a figure in them either signifigantly or in the shadows. We think he is causing them somehow. We all seem to have them at the same time, and unknown to each other until one of us tells the other. This has started recently. And we are finding out more and more about malicious lies that he is telling on all of us. Any help anyone???

I posted this earlier in another place and thought about it during the night. Maybe it really belongs here.
AutumnMaidens

Re: Cursed dreams?? Help?!

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Have you tried shielding? Cleansing the house?

There are several ways to shield the household, you can call upon your household gods, sprinkle salt and water in front of doors and windows, draw pentagrams with your wand on doors and windows, cast a circle around your bed before sleep to see if you sleep better, protection chants etc.

It might not stop whatever is making you dream like that, but it should ward them from your mind at least.

Hope this helps,
Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Thanks. it is hard though with everyone always around to do what I need to do. I'm looking for every window of opportunity.
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Apparently another protective thing is to rub garlic on a small mirror then place that [the mirror] under your bed.
You can also try and strengthen your chakras and your aura; take in some deep breaths and imagine sucking up positive light. As you breathe out, go through the chakras (breath by breath) and imagine sending this energy out through them, turning anything negative into positive or banishing it. Once you've done that, imagine that your out-breath is filling up the whole of your aura, so that you are surrounded with a bubble of positive light and energy. Hope this helps! Bright Blessing )o(
There are three sides to a coin.
Fallen Moon

Post by Fallen Moon »

You could try implementing a dream catcher and hanging some quartz crystals in the window in your room. The idea with the crystals would be to reflect whatever may be coming in and trying to influence your dreams. They don't have to be quartz, they could even just be pieces of faceted glass, the idea is still the same. Maybe try sleeping with a piece of obsidian, jet, or even onyx under your pillow.

I'm trying to think of anything that might help and I've got a lot of partial ideas. If you have any of your ex's things still, get rid of them. If he still has any of your things, cut any emotional or psychic ties you might have with those items.

Our dreams are when we're at our weakest so work on strengthening your psychic senses and defenses. It doesn't take much pomp and flourishing to put up mental barriers and protections, but it does take concentration and a little bit of time so if you already meditate that should be your time to do it. Even work on it before you go to bed. I believe there's a topic on this forum about psychic shielding and that sort of thing, but if you can't find it you can always get in touch with one of the moderators or myself. I'd try to put some tips in here but I'm pretty scatterbrained at the moment.

Hope this helps!
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

I know the source I think. My son, who my ex took and kept extremely isolated from age 12 to 18 while he groomed him to follow in his footsteps, turned 18 last June and immediately found me and found a way to get away from his father (I use the term loosely) and has come to live with me and my mate of 7 years. The energy he gives off is overwhelming especially for me, being an empath.I am struggling. BUT___ I did smudge my bedroom really well, banishing negative energies and speaking peace and harmony. The dreams stopped immediately and so far I haven't had any more. I realize though that I am going to have to keep on it diligently. There's a load of negative energy with him. He has so much damage. His father is a cult leader type minister very controlling and manipulative and psychologically abusive. He is in need of so much healing and doesn't even know it. Needless to say this child thinks that me being a witch is a family joke, he doesn't realize it is true. I have to do everything in secret and that is difficult.
Fallen Moon

Post by Fallen Moon »

That's definitely rough. I'm glad the smudging has helped, you may want to smudge the rest of the house when you can (it's something done in many faiths), and maybe decorate public spaces with crystals that will help clear the negative energy in the whole place. See what you can do to help your son heal and open his mind so that he can reach the point where he will accept that you're a witch and be ok with it. It will probably take some time but little steps and explaining things without coming out and saying it or tying it into witchcraft will help the progress. There are a lot of things in the Bible that pagans were already aware of (ie other creatures, stones, and plants having their own energies and spirits) and you can find a way to introduce those things that his beliefs might work with. That's sort of what I did with my mom and grandma. The latter insists I'm more Biblical/scriptural than I realize but accepts that I'm no longer Christian (I haven't come out and said oh hey I'm actually this, but the idea is there). I still have to do everything in secret, but I don't feel as paranoid.

If you need any support, we're here for you :)
Blessed dreams and good luck!
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Yes, this is pretty much what I have been attempting to do. Giving him little nuggets along. I agree that what we do is much more scriptural than people have any idea. i consider myself christo- pagan /christo- ecclectic. But I have really come to have an aversion to the word 'christian'. It has so many negative associations to me.
I have attempted to incorporate smudging inconspicuosly by putting sage and other herbs into the wax in my candle warmers. It has an effect but I don't believe it is as powerful as full out smudging and speaking my incantations does. I am grateful for small mercies though, lol! Thanks for the support :)
Blessed Be~~
Fallen Moon

Post by Fallen Moon »

I feel the same way about the word "Christian", and even anything to do with church and Christianity for reasons I won't go into here. I consider myself an eclectic pagan since my beliefs incorporate ideas from many paths, although I don't consider myself religious, just spiritual, since I don't adhere to any particular doctrine or dogma. I had been trying to give my mom little bits here and there until one of my former friends outed me. That was....an interesting conversation with my mother, to say the least.

Does your son know you meditate (if you do)? If he does you could always tell him that the smudging is a part of it. I'm glad to hear you've found some way to smudge without actually smudging lol, anything can help, and like I said stones may help too. I definitely recommend obsidian if you can get some, and a nice sphere of it would do well, especially if you can put it in a stable place like your altar, if you have one, or the approximate centre of your home. I bought a sphere off of eBay a month or two ago and it's been a big help. Definitely cleanse it regularly though if there's as much negativity as you say. Obsidian may be good for grounding energies but it still needs to be cleansed once in a while like anything else.
wolfgirl96

Post by wolfgirl96 »

you might want to try a mirror or something and treat it like a curse try and bounce it back if thats were its coming from (if that makes sense)
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Did you try to place an amethyst under your pillow? it makes dreams go away, also you should cleanse him every three days.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

I wound up doing another spell to block the person causing the dreams. And while I also do not put much stock in the dreamcatcher theory, I did make one myself and placed several gemstones in it, just as an added measure. I used amethyst, quartz, moonstone and citrine as well as jade and maybe a couple of others. I've not had anymore problem and although I feel the spell was the main thing, I don't think the dreamcatcher is hurting any.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”