Just a dream, or something more? ideas?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
stariebird11

Just a dream, or something more? ideas?

Post by stariebird11 »

So i had a dream a couple of days ago and i can't find any good meanings in my dream references and i would love some help. It went a little something like this.

I was in a city, yet it was run down with black soot on the ground and the buildings were gray wood. Although, it wasn't me. the person i was portraying was 16, blond, and had blue eyes; i am none of these things. Well anyway in the dream my mother was with me,not my real mother in reality, or at least that was what i thought her as. Anyway we were wearing big winter coats, like the ones with fur and everything; mine white, my mother's black.
It was snowing when we walked into the center of the city. My mother told me to try to cover ourselves to avoid people knowing our wealth status. I did as i was told and we started to walk again. I noticed that my white high heels were extremely out of place since everyone elses were black. I looked up and a group of ragged men came toward us and i could sense that they were up to no good.
I pulled my mother into a clothing shop desperately looking for a police men or someone with authority. The last thing i remember was being cornered by the men and was desperately trying to keep my mother safe since she was more fragile than i.
It felt so real; as if i was reliving it. Well i desire any thoughts you may have, thanks! :)
blessed be.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Peregrine

Re: Just a dream, or something more? ideas?

Post by Peregrine »

I'm a bit rusty but since nobody else has responded, here's my poor attempt.

Pay attention to your feelings and behavior in your waking life, is the best advice I can give. Ask yourself if you feel like you are surrounded by hostile people who want to rob you of something you value. It does not have to be literal fur coats or fancy clothes. Who does mother figure personify to you (who is fragile and needs protecting)? Are you new to your spiritual path and feel vulnerable somehow, in some part of the planet where it can be risky if others find out you are pagan?

Another idea, perhaps an old past life memory? That one is a long shot but years ago, when I experimented in past-life regression self-hypnosis exercises, I started having a series of bizarre dreams where I was about to die in a natural disaster, or killed by someone or something, etc. Like you, I was not in my normal waking life body. For instance, sometimes I was a bird of some sort being attacked by predators. In another case, i was a little boy about to drown in a tsunami, to keep it as vague as possible (because it is very personal for me but I'm trying to make a point). Have you been experimenting with past life regressions of one kind or another?

You don't have to answer me here. These are just things to ask yourself.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
stariebird11

Re: Just a dream, or something more? ideas?

Post by stariebird11 »

Thanks for replying! You really made me think about myself :) I was able to match every question almost immediately with an answer. I think I will get more into my past lives just to see the outcome and if I may have a dream related to this one. Thanks for the help :D

~*Brightest Blessings*~
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”