am i missing something?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
greyduke

am i missing something?

Post by greyduke »

I remember alot if not most of my dreams and even are aware of when they change mid dream. I even know im dreaming in my dreams. My question is, is this normal? and im afraid im missing something cause i dont understand what they mean. They are usually about people i know in waking life not faceless strangers.
Please any help or insight is appreciated!
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: am i missing something?

Post by Symandinome »

i am the same wy i know that i am dreaming while i am doing it and i notice the dreams change mid dream also. Personally I think its a cool thing to be able to do. It wasnt always like that for me especially when I was a kid. Now that it does happen if I am having nightmares I kinda enjoy them because I know they are a dream and I can somewhat steer the direction inwhich the dream goes. Lots of people cant interpret their dreams. Try keeping a journal next to your bed to write everything down you remember regardless of the order it happened. just anything you can remember quickly write it all down so then later on in the day you can look at it and see if you can make somethign out of it.
greyduke

Post by greyduke »

Thanks its nice to hear of someone who experiences this also. Most every one I try to talk to about it thinks im crazy. I have been doing this since i was a child and some are reoccurring. I dont really ever remember having nightmares and i think it because i know im dreaming so i dont get scared. I have dreamed of hiding from someone and being chased but i was more concerned about why and who.
I do sometimes keep a journal but nothing ever makes sense to me. Thanks again symandinome!
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Entire settings and situations change on me mid-dream quite often. Sometimes I even have "trilogies" and when I can remember them, they can reveal a lot to me, like that other saying about answering questions you did not even think about asking or did not know how to ask. I also dream in color almost all of the time. I used to think everyone did, but a lot of people I know often dream in black-and-white. But I digress.

As far as hiding from someone and being chased, I would suggest first doing some research on "the shadow self." I'm not saying it is THE answer, but I have come to believe that it is the common answer. It can show itself in various ways and one of them is as you describe, like saying "You can run but you cannot hide" and "You cannot run away from yourself."
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
greyduke

Post by greyduke »

I also dream in color i never thought about other people not doing it. The dream im having trouble with is I was cutting this guy i knows hair with trimmers it it looked awful but he liked it. At first he was acting like i was hurting him then i noticed i didnt have them turned on after i turned them on he was ok with it. He was bragging about how good i done.
Thanks for the input! :D

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”