Don't know what to make of this...

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
dragonchains

Don't know what to make of this...

Post by dragonchains »

I had this dream last night (during the one hour of sleep I got) that I had just moved to a new town, a small town, and decided to walk around and see the "neighborhood". As I was walking (it was dreary and slightly dark), I came across a town "function" that was somewhat between a rodeo and a livestock auction. I decided to take a peek at what was going on, and this lamb started headbutting me. I started wrestling with it, trying to get it under control and put back into the pen it came out of when this little girl came up and helped me. I asked her how old she was, and she replied she was nine years old. It became a downpour, so after we got the sheep back into the pen, we ran into this empty building that had several other children in it. I thought it was strange that all these kids were in this building and not out enjoying themselves.
I decided to walk home after the rain stopped, and these kids started to follow me. I kept telling them to go back to their parents, but they wouldn't. I got to my house (little one bedroom cottage), and the kids would not leave. I locked the front door so they wouldn't come in, but they started opening windows and climbing in. I finally gave in and asked them what they wanted. They simply said they did not want to go home to their parents and they wanted to live with me. I counted them out and said there was no way I could take care of twelve children.
After what seemed like hours of debating with the children, I called the police to have them take the children home. While waiting for the police, an old man appeared and accused me of something that makes me want to snap the necks of men that have taken advantage of young children. Before I could do anything, the man took off running. One little girl said that was her daddy, and that she did not want to go home. Then another child said they didn't want to go home either, then another, and another.
Standing outside, I saw a police car drive by and I tried to wave him down to stop, but he kept driving. Then another police car came driving by, and I flagged him down. I saw his face look at me and he put on his brakes. Unfortunately, the roads were wet and he ran into the police car before him, then another police car collided with him. A total of nine police cars piled up. The officer got out of his car and told me he was looking for me because of what that old man said to the police, and I was infuriated by being accused of such thing that did not happen. All I wanted was to be left alone in my house.
I sat down and talked to the police officer and he started talking about how he knows about my ex-girlfriend and the lies she had told him about me. After he mentioned his name, all I could see was his lips moving, but no sound.
That's all I can remember of the dream. But it seemed as though it was really happening.
dragonchains

Re: Don't know what to make of this...

Post by dragonchains »

This is what I've found so far, but still at a loss of the meaning of this dream. I can still recall every last detail down to the stones on the ground in this dream. If anyone else has any other input, please let me know...

To see sheep in your dream, indicates docility and conformity. You lack creativity, individuality and initiative to venture out on your own. You tend to go along with the group. Alternatively, seeing a sheep signifies your compassion. The dream may also be a metaphor on being sheepish. Perhaps you have done something wrong.
Children
To see children in your dream, signify an aspect of yourself and your childlike qualities. You may be retreating back to a childlike state and longing for the past. You are trying to still satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurture. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within. Alternatively, the dream may be highlighting your innocence, purity, simplicity, and carefree attitude. If you are fighting with children, then it implies that you are repressing your inner child. The children could represent someone in your waking life (coworker, mate, sibling, etc.) who is acting like a child. If you see children fighting in your dream, then it means that your sense of morality and character are in conflict.
To forget about your child or children, suggests that you are feeling overwhelmed by your waking responsibilities. The dream is telling you that you are overly fixating on minor details and overlooking the important things on your life. You need to re-prioritize your time and focus on what matters. To dream that your own grown children are still very young, indicates that you still see them as young and dependent. You want to feel needed and significant.
To dream that you are watching children but they do not know you are there, is a metaphor for some hidden knowledge or some latent talent which you have failed to recognize.
To save a child in your dream, signifies your attempts to save a part of yourself from being destroyed. If you dream that you are separated from your children, then it symbolizes failure in some personal endeavor or a setback in some ideal you had.
Function (I actually did not attend the function)
To dream that you are attending a function, symbolizes your celebration of life. You are in a good place and are embracing what life has to offer. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor that you need to find "purpose" in life.
Police Car
To see a police car in your dream, indicates that help is on the way for you. You are experiencing some inner turmoil and need intervention.
Police
To see the police in your dream, symbolizes structure, rules, power, authority and control. You need to put an end to your reckless behavior or else the law will catch up to you. Alternatively, the dream refers to failure in honoring your obligation and commitments.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

i think those are all great ways to determine a dream but me personally i got something completely different from the dream then those things.

My question to you is are you new to paganism and come from a Christian background?

I saw the sheep as a christ and the girl that helped you as the goddess and the number 9 echoes the goddess because its root is 3 or the triple aspect of goddess. i agree with the police cars meaning yoru desire for help.

I do not know if it applies to you or not but I would see it as you having issues in what you believe and looking for the answers. I see the new town as a new start and you trying to put hte sheep away is putting away christianity i see the children as issues, questions or reservations you have and the police are being called to help you figure out the problems.

again i dont know your background at all that just the impression i got from it when i read it
dragonchains

Post by dragonchains »

Thank you for your input, and I think you're quite right. I did come from a Christian background and new to paganism.
About two months ago, I moved to a new small town, moved into a new apartment about a month ago, so working on getting things situated and everything. My girlfriend broke up with me on my birthday in April without rhyme or reason. Well, she gave me an excuse, and I think that's all it was...just an excuse.
I pondered on the number thing today and thought my ex-g/f has 3 children. The numbers 9 and 12 came up in my dream, which are multiples of 3. Yet, I still don't know the significance in that.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

My first impulse was to say you have a desire to help and be helpful to those who are vulnerable. People with at least a certain level of innocence look up to you and want your help, but there are also fears and frustrations in trying to carry this out because of the way adults around you behave: with corruption, incompetence, or even bureaucratic issues in law and order. You want to help but you also want your privacy and your own "me time" to get your own R&R which interferes with being the superhero that wants to save vulnerable people. That is my impression judging by your comments.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
dragonchains

Post by dragonchains »

First, I need to apologize for not being on in a long time. I've been working long hours to the point where I just come home and sleep, then back to work.
You're right Peregrine, I do like to help other people when I can. I also feel bad when/if I can't.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”