Very Scary and violent Nightmares

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
DaughteroftheGodess

Very Scary and violent Nightmares

Post by DaughteroftheGodess »

I had this dream when i was a child and i still have it to this day.

Start of dream:
I am 15 years old and i'm playing in the woods, I have a Mid Length white dress on with white shoes and white socks on with lace on the top of the socks, im playing in the woods by a running creak, i hear my dad whistle for me and i start to run back to my house. as i start to run i get this feeling that i am being watched and fallowed. I stop and turn to look behind me to see if anything is there and there is nothing. so i again start to run back to my house, as i get closer to my house i feel like there is something wrong, i walk up on to the front porch and I reach for the front door nob and it just feels dark, but i go in any ways. as i enter the kitchen(where my mom should be) all i see is blood and bloody hand prints every where, but i don't freak out, i just walk in to the dining room (where one of my brothers should be doing homework) and i find the same thing as i did in the kitchen but now i'm starting to freak out...but i still haven't said a word. I run into the living room (where my dad should be watching tv) but again i find the same thing, blood every where. I run into my other brothers room and find the same thing, and then i feel it, something is stalking me. some how i know its not a person. I run upstairs to my bed room, (i have a ledge out of my window that i can climb on to get to the roof) so i climb on to the roof of my house and i look out into my yard and all i can see are Wolves as far as the eye can see all around my house, they have blood all over them. and then i Wake up in a cold sweat screaming.
(and i never find any body parts or anything in the whole house and i don't find any paw prints ether)

I have no idea what it means and it scares me...i am terrified of Wolves..i cant hear them or see them with out being frozen in fear. And this isnt the only bad dream i have..there are many more.
DaughteroftheGodess

Re: Very Scary and violent Nightmares

and also the wolves are all difrent colors...some are black, light gray,dark gray, tan (like a rust color) and some are white.
dragonchains

Post by dragonchains »

I had a dream of three wolves surrounding me, waiting to attack me before I woke up. I looked up the meaning of wolves in dreams. I found that having a wolf in your dream means someone close to you will betray you. About a week after the dream, three family members of mine betrayed me.
DaughteroftheGodess

wow, i can think af any one who would do that in my family.
dragonchains

Post by dragonchains »

From what I read, it doesn't have to be from family, but just anyone you deem close to you. I never thought I'd be betrayed by family either...
Ses

Post by Ses »

What i got from the internet

Psychological Meaning: Wolves are usually seen as something threatening that attacks during the night when we are most vulnerable. In dreams they can represent everything you are afraid of in yourself. This may include self-destructive tendencies, aggression or uncontrolled sexual desire. It could also represent a worldly trouble such as a financial problem i.e. ‘keeping the wolf from the door’. Celtic revivalists give the wolf a better press: it is your instinctive nature, your familiar that guides you through the forests of the night.

Mystical Meaning: The wolf in the story of Little Red Ridding Hood represents the frightening aspect of the male and the fear of sexual contact. Told at bedtime, the fairy story warned girls of the dangers of sex before marriage.

http://www.dreamsleep.net/wolf_dream_meaning.html
I am who I am because of what I have done - Niall Gallagher
dragonchains

Post by dragonchains »

That's interesting. Thank you for the insight!
Ses

Post by Ses »

Also another thing I found

Like all animals, the wolf mirrors certain traits of character which are pregnant in the person whose dream it populates. The wolf may bear both negative and positive significance, depending on the conjecture in which the animal appears in the dream and the mood induced to the individual upon waking up. If seen in positive circumstances the wolf stands for strength and wisdom, ability to face and deal with any kind of situation, as difficult as it may be.

Wild animals represent the untamed, 'animal' side of the self, the 'beast' within which comprises instincts and primitive desires. The subconscious may become very aggressive and disrupt us from society unless it is controlled by reason and intellect. That is why the intellect should keep a balance between primitive urges and moral values acknowledged by society. The wolf in dreams may represent this 'wild' side of our personality and this is why we should be able to tame and control it.

If the wolf in your dream is white, the animal should be interpreted as a symbol for valor and virtue, victory, loyalty and protection and foretells about experienced guidance and enlightenment you are going to receive while walking the path of life from a clever and skilled teacher.

The wolf is the symbol for both feminine and masculine energy, therefore it is a mixture of power and smoothness, strength and grace, physical and psychological endurance carefully mingled with tact and elegance.

The wolf also denotes a person who has strong ties with the community, a very sociable and communicative individual who also greatly loves his family.

As a negative symbol, the wolf stands for secret enemies, schemes and conspiracies to ruin you and bring much sorrow and disappointment into your life. Hearing wolves howling in your dream forewarns you about secret plots against you. Or the animal may stand for your unscrupulous character.

If in a positive light the wolf represents loyalty, wisdom and skilled guidance, as a negative symbol it speaks about aggression, deceit and dishonesty. If in your dream the wild animal attacks you and you are not able to defend yourself, then you will have to deal with many difficult problems in your waking life soon enough. On the other hand, if you manage to control and dominate the beast, your success is guaranteed.
DaughteroftheGodess

but what if its not me they are attacking, what if it is my family and i am left unharmed.?
Ses

Post by Ses »

It is possible that maybe the "traitor" is going to try and separate you from your family? perhaps using religion as a weapon?
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Ses leans heavily towards what I was thinking. Last summer, I came across the concept of "the shadow self." The experience varies from person to person. In my case, it is almost always the classic tale of looking into the mirror and seeing a reflection of yourself that is twisted to the point of disorienting. That experience is one of several issues that got me to this site in the first place. I know the sick feelings of helplessness when you see that reflection and don't know what is going on. :)

It has been known to express itself in other various ways such as one of dreams about being chased; I think about it every time I watch that scene from the Disney adaptation to "Sleepy Hollow," when Icabod Crane is chased by the headless horseman. The pursuer could be a shadowy figure, wild animal(s), or some other such image that creates an anxiety attack in the person. If your family is hurt but not you, perhaps you have worries about the possible harm you may do to them if what you perceive as your "dark side" were to manifest itself?

I would say pay attention in your waking life to your gut feelings and how you react to various situations first. It might be the like the old saying, "You cannot run away from yourself." I'm not in any way suggesting you are a werewolf or that you have any secret desire to slaughter your family. What I am saying, judging by your comments, is that perhaps there are noted differences between you and your family, and perhaps you have concerns about the possibility that they could be harmed? It is just another idea to consider.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
DaughteroftheGodess

that what my first feeling was...that i have some darker desire or hatred twords them...in my subcontus. but im not sure.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

DaughteroftheGodess wrote:that what my first feeling was...that i have some darker desire or hatred twords them...in my subcontus. but im not sure.
It may not be any hatred towards them; for instance it could be a serious clash between your values and/or beliefs and their own.

You do not have to answer this to me, but if you are still very young and live with your parents, there might be anxieties over that inevitable fact that you are growing up and beginning to develop your own ideas and/or religious beliefes, which may be clashing with theirs? Or past self, a time associated with innocence and happy child memories, is felt to be under attack.

Years ago, I had a series of dreams involving attacks by various groups of animals and watching in helplessness as another animal strayed into the scene only to get torn to bits by these predators. Some of this, for me, might have reflected anxieties about growing up and understanding the dark side of not only the world but also myself. Finally I put mine to an end when I was attacked by a single alligator. I had a few of those, then finally one day I discovered something that turned those dreams into some campy fantasy of being a feminine form of Crocodile Dundee as the mighty alligator wrestler. I eventually learned how to flip the alligator onto its back. In the last encounter, I was swept up into the confrontation so much, I broke glass bottle and stabbed the gator in the heart. I saw the blood on my hands, and broke into tears as I watched it die. Since then, I have had other alligator dreams, but none of them are confrontational - at least not at me.

Pardon if that looks like a digression, but it is my well-meaning attempt to say that perhaps this is anxieties about that "fight or flight syndrome" as it is called in the science field; fighting sometimes is necessary if you want to survive and protect not just yourself but others you care about.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
DaughteroftheGodess

wow...thank you so much...this really helped me in trying to understand my dreams...thank you all so much. and Peregrine i am 22 and i do not live with my parents any more :P.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”