The wildest dream I've ever had - Dream within a dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
findapath

The wildest dream I've ever had - Dream within a dream

Post by findapath »

Hey there EUTM, just wanted to share a story, and kind of log this, as I've just woken up from a nap and don't want to forget this.

But first, to set the stage a little, some background information. About 5 years ago, my fiancee, and the love of my life, we'll call her Jessica (name changed), was shot and killed during a robbery right in front of me. Obviously, this had a huge impact on me, and I was completely destroyed, and suicidal (I'm not anymore). I wasn't able to open up to anybody, and couldn't even tell my own mother that I loved her for close to 2 years after that. Fast forward to this year. I meet this girl, we'll call her Jasmine (again, the name has been changed). She's amazing. Kind, sweet, fun, funny, sarcastic, a total smartass, brilliant, beatiful, perfect in every way. I find myself thinking about her more and more, starting to have feelings that I haven't had since Jessica was killed. I had honestly believed that I would never be able to open up to anybody, ever again.

On the 5th anniversary of her death, Jessica came to me in spirit and told me to let go, move on, and be open to love again, because it was coming. So I tried. And I fell, head over heels, like jumping out of an airplane, completely, entirely for Jasmine. Well, long story short, she's been going through some nearly impossible stuff in her own life, so we're taking a break while she sorts through some of the drama. We still see each other frequently and talk every day, though.

Now, onto this...these...dreams. Today after work, I was completely exhausted, because I can't sleep at night, because I suffered night terrors for so long and flashbacks of what happened to Jessica, that I just don't sleep at night anymore, so I laid down to take a nap. I usually have my most vivid, memorable, accurate dreams during naps, rather than overnight sleep -- what little I do get.

It started out like this. I fell asleep after talking to Jasmine for a bit. After wishing her a good night, the last thing I said was "I wish you could be here to nap with me." And she responded, "I'm sure I will be in your dreams." Well, she was. The first part of the dream took place maybe 10-12 years into the future. I could see a partially assembled crib in the corner of the bedroom. I saw some pictures hanging that I have in my current bedroom, but everything else was new. She was about 6 months pregnant with our first child, and was more beautiful than ever. We were laying in bed, talking, cuddling, and just holding each other close. This went on for a little while. It felt so incredibly real. I could feel her breathing. I could smell and taste her hair and lips. I could feel and hear her heartbeat. I could feel the baby's heartbeat. I could feel her every movement, as if she really was laying right there next to me.

Then, we fell asleep in each others arms. As if that dream wasn't amazing enough, knowing that things are going to work out between us, what I dreamed about after falling asleep again, completely blew me away. The details of the "dream's dream" aren't quite as vivid and vibrant in my memory as the original dream, but they're still really clear. It was the first day of school. Our three kids were sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast, getting ready for school. Jasmine looked absolutely gorgeous, all disheveled first thing in the morning, while preparing the lunches for the kids, while I finished making breakfast. Our youngest - maybe 5-6 - was scared, but our oldest - about 10, told the youngest (genders weren't apparent in the dream) that everything was going to be fine, and that the youngest would love school. This was a very short dream, but I've never dreamed within a dream before, and seeing the future in ~10 year jumps like that, and knowing that my future with the woman that I'm completely, madly, insanely in love with is a bright and happy one...that left me feeling so warm and happy. smileylove

Though, I do have to admit that I was saddened and disappointed when I woke up, and realized that she wasn't actually laying next to me. :(

I just wanted to share this, get it written down before I forget about it. Has anyone else had any experience dreaming within a dream? I almost feel like some crazy person straight out of Inception for telling this story, but my gods, it was amazing.
Traumwandlerin

Re: The wildest dream I've ever had - Dream within a dream

Post by Traumwandlerin »

That's a wonderful dream and it clearly states your wish for a harmonic relationship with Jasmin. That's one important part, you really are ready for this relationship, you've opened up.

This could also well have been a precognitive dream. No one can tell you that only you can tell the difference between a wishing dream and a precognitive one. Mark this dream, you will need more experience to tell the difference.

Also, you are not crazy at all. Dreams within dreams happens. I'm kind of a weird dreamer, those things happen all the time, really mutlidimensional dreams with timetraveling and alternative universes and stuff and highly symbolic. Other dreams are quite straight forward. You can be everywhere in between and still be a perfect normal person.
findapath

Post by findapath »

Traum,

Yes, I really am ready for this! It was an absolutely wonderful dream! It wasn't, by far, the wildest content I've ever dreamed, and I've had precognitive dreams many times before, and this felt much like those, but only time will tell, for sure. Trust me, I pay attention to everything, as no event, seemingly inconsequential it may be, may just turn out to be exactly what you're waiting for.

I've always been a weird dreamer, too. Some of them are vivid flashbacks, night terrors if you will. I suffer from Insomnia because of them. Some of them make absolutely no sense, like the time I fell asleep while on Facebook, and dreamed that I was physically stuck within the pages of Facebook... blue_flee Others, are much like the ones you described. Dreams are crazy...great, but crazy. I love them when they're good, or even not so good...but like I said earlier, yeah, I hate some of them, too. ::darkmood::
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

It's nice to hear, you developed a feeling for the different qualities of dreaming. Many people aren't able to do this and try to interpret nonsense dreaming or think of normal subconcious messages as a precognitive dream. But it's hard to tell for unexperienced people.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”