Stopped dreaming completely

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
cloud

Stopped dreaming completely

Post by cloud »

I don't dream and having nightmares any more :( . I wish I could. I stopped dreaming around when this year started and I know because I use to keep a dream journal.

The last dream I recorded was a dream of me falling of a cliff.I willingly just jump but before I hid the ground I wake up and hit my bed because I guess I jumped when I almost hit the ground. That's probably why I wake up.

Ever seems that I have not had a dream

I read some where that if u snore u most likely wont dream. But I don't snore.

Does this mean some thing?
Should I be worried?
Is it normal not to dream for this long?
yeah yeah yeah im a kid but arnt we all
cloud

Post by cloud »

sorry about the spelling errors guys
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

You may still be having dreams, but just cannot remember them. I was having difficulties with dream recall recently, so I started taking a multi-vitamin. The key is the vitamin B-6. Try vitamin B6 rich foods or taking a vitamin supplement. It helped me out a lot. (It took a few nights but it finally worked.)

If you choose a supplement, I would recommend one that only has 100% daily need. Don't overdo it (like those that have 500% daily need or such) as too much B6 can cause other physical problems. Well, it's a start but others have recall spells you could try too. I thought I'd just recommend the simplest first (a physical thing, simple vitamin).

If you are snoring, try sleeping in a different position. Example, if you snore while laying on your back, try sleeping on your side.

Here was another recent thread about dream recall:

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... hp?t=15670
cloud

Post by cloud »

cool ill check it out
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I "stopped dreaming" after I have dealt with the issues that caused my daily nightmares. Of cause the dreams didn't really stopped, but those nightmares where totally intense and important so it was easy to remembering them, also they reoccured daily, so I knew anyway what I was dreaming, so remembering really became very easy. When they stopped I had to learn how to remember those normal and less intense dreams.

I got myself pen and paper and tried to wake up after every dream. And write all my dreams down (some keywords at least) everytime I wake up. Even though I never waked up and only dreamt I take notes dream remembrence increased dramatically in a few days and after a few weeks it was as perfect as befor.

So maybe you dealt with something in your life so your dream pattern has changed and you have to learn remembrance again.
cloud

Post by cloud »

may be but i did try that
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

You did try that and how did it went? How often did you wake up? How much did you write down? When there is nothing to remember, at least make some note or drawing and in the next morning invent what you could have dreamt and write that down. And try meditating before sleep in which you visualize yurself of waking up and taking notes.
Corleonis

Post by Corleonis »

You haven't "Stopped dreaming" If you did,you'd be dead by now,when you dream,there's a certain chemical (forgot the details) that gets released into your body and without that chemical,you'd die.

You just can't remember them that's all.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”