Ringing books?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Ringing books?

Post by Release.the.bats »

Part of the dream I had last night involved a bookstore.
I picked up this book that had something to do with the dead and I heard a ringing noise.
I dropped it, it stopped, I picked it up again and it continued.
I had my boyfriend hold it [in my dream] and he heard it really slightly and to me it sounded ear piercing.
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the book or anything?
If anyone needs to know, i'm a medium [in short] and my boyfriend and I are both psychic among other things.

Any ideas?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Books
-To see books in your dream, indicates calmness. You are moving toward your goals at a slow and steady pace. Books also symbolize knowledge, intellect, information and wisdom. Consider the type of book for additional clues. The dream may represent your calling into a specific field of work or an area that you need to devote more study to.
-To see dusty books in your dream, denotes forgotten knowledge or previous "chapters" of your life.

Noise
-To hear or make a strange noise in your dream, signifies the unexpected and the unknown. You may be expressing some fear or confusion concerning a particular situation in your waking life. The noise in your dream may serve as a way to attract your attention to that issue. Alternatively, a noise may represent a breakthrough in your personal struggles. Perhaps you need to be more vocal and be heard. Or perhaps you have burst through a barrier of resistance which had been holding you back for a while.

...Either someone needs you to help them come through and are reaching you through this dream, or you feel someone out there needs you now or will need you very soon.

Hope that helps. :28:
~M
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Wow.
The ringing sounded like a phone ringing.
Do you think there was any significance to my boyfriends precense?
Other than our relationship?
=O
Just curious.
Do you think it might deal with magick since that was the content of the book?
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

I think you need to go to your favorite book store
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Mick that's what was referring to.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:Mick that's what was referring to.
Thats what I think the dream meant.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Bats,
I think the boyfriend inclusion in your dream was more just because he's such a distinct part of your life. It's like my husband and I, we work together, live together (obviously), and pretty much do everything together. We both more or less only dream "us" dreams -it's pretty rare to have solely individual dreams for the both of us. (No, not all dreams are "about us" as a couple- in fact, most aren't... but just like having thumbs in your dreams as well as in real life-- they're just sort of "there" -but there's not much more thought involved in it than that.)
Granted, I'm not saying that you two are as joined at the hip as my hubby and I are, but ever since your first mention of your man, I felt there was a very deep connection between the two of you. It doesn't surprise me in the least that he was there with you in your dream- I get the feeling he is with you all the time, and you with him; whether in thought during your waking lives or during slumber.

I think the dream definitely has something to do with your book that you were holding. The ringing sound, whether telephone-ish or just mind-numbing is essentially like an alarm, meant to alert you to something you are missing.
"-To see or hear a telephone in your dream, signifies a message from your unconscious or some sort of telepathic communication. You may be forced to confront issues which you have tried to avoid. Alternatively, the telephone represents your communication and relationship with others.
-To dream that you do not want to answer the ringing telephone, indicates lack of communication. There is a situation or relationship that you are tying to keep at a distance."

...I think there may be additional significance to the "the telephone represents your communication and relationship with others" possibility as well. Perhaps there is some communication between you and your boyfriend that is a bit fuzzy at the moment. (Afterall, you heard it loud and clear whereas he heard only the faint whisper) -Or, perhaps you are feeling that you and he don't "connect" as you would like because you are not both on the same spiritual level; ability-speaking. Or, someone else from beyond is trying to get your attention and is feeling you aren't listening (or you subconsciously feel that someone who has passed is wanting to get your attention)...

I think there are a lot of available explanations and possibilities for your dream interpretation and the only one who can really decide what is right and what fits is going to be you. Definitely though, explore what the book itself is trying to tell you-- whether it's a book on the dead or Wicca or the occult in general... whatever the book is, the truth of the dream and its message is there.

Hope that helps! :28:

~BB~
*M
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Well it wasn't unpleasant.
Just a really loud ringing.
Like a noise that made me anxious to find out where it was from and answer it.

And @Moonstone: Thanks!
I'm thinking it's possible that it's the last one, since I haven't been focused on anything occult lately.
Because of my art program it's taking all my time, and work too.
I'll try to figure it out further.
But, I thank you for your help.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Glad to help make it seem a bit clearer, Bats! :28:

Bright Blessings,
*M

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”