Can you cast a spell in a lucid dream?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Can you cast a spell in a lucid dream?

Post by HonorRose »

Is it possible to cast an effective spell during a lucid dream? If so, would it be more effective? I was thinking about how sensation can often be heightened in dreams, that and that having your brain in a theta or delta state is suppose to increase magical workings.

Anyone have any ideas/knowledge on this subject?
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Hmmm, interesting...I would assume that it IS possible...though who would think, "Let's cast a spell!" in their dreams? I don't know how potent it would be if one did cast a spell in a lucid dream, if it would be at all. I may guess that it could be slightly more potent.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

'who would think, "Let's cast a spell!" in their dreams?'

*laughs* I would. But I guess that's just me. Anyway, it being a lucid dream you may think as freely as you wish, and therefore easily decide to cast a spell. I think I might give it a try, as long as no one can think of a reason why it might be dangerous.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

HonorRose wrote: as long as no one can think of a reason why it might be dangerous.
It always dangerous to dream about me babe. =D

I don't see how some one whos natural inclination is to cast magic would not think to use magic in a lucid dream. You could always force your self to dream of doing magic....... and um yeah. =D
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Ohh shit. If this works I wana know. =D
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

atheist of peace wrote:
HonorRose wrote: as long as no one can think of a reason why it might be dangerous.
It always dangerous to dream about me babe. =D
AoP, you are utterly shameless.*laughs*
atheist of peace wrote:Ohh shit. If this works I wana know. =D
I'll post about this somewhere once I've given it a shot. I can lucid dream, the problem is that I can't decide when. I tend to just randomly wake up in lucid dreams, which is always a delight of course, but it would be cool to do it at will.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

HonorRose wrote: AoP, you are utterly shameless.*laughs*
I'll take that as compliment? xp
HonorRose wrote: I tend to just randomly wake up in lucid dreams, which is always a delight of course, but it would be cool to do it at will.
My Bold!
You can learn. There is lots of stuff on the internet, in books.

http://www.lucidfun.com/
http://www.consciousdreaming.com/lucid- ... -dream.htm

I searched EMU and found what was probably the best tip I have read for lucid dreaming. It was a brilliant psychological trick. A way to program your subconsious.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... cid+dreams
xxgeorgiexx wrote:Aww fab SP. I do occationaly and usually take the opertunity to fly lol

There are several methods, i am doing a Dream Therapy course and they have outlined some that works. one is to assosiate a noise or signal with the question "Am i dreaming" For example take a few moments through out the day to look at your hands, as you look as yourself "am i dreaming" This will load into your subconscious after a time and when you see your hands in your dream you will find yourself asking if your dreaming. You can do it without a signal and just repeatedly ask yourself through the day if your dreaming.

To remember your dreams tell yourself you want to remember your dreams, as soon as you wake up scribble down anything you remember even if its just a random things or snippet. Your brain will soon begin to recall more because of the routine.

Hope this helps :)

Love and Light xx

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... cid+dreams
I'll let you know how it goes, but you should try it with me! =D It can really be a lot of fun. You are already thinking about doing magic in a lucid dream. Think of what else ou could do. =D

Yes you can do magic in lucid dreams. Astrol projecting healing 4tw*!! =D

xp
Peace
Mick

*xp=smile with toung and funny eyes.
** 4tw=for the win.=awesome
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

Yes, I remember reading tons of stuff on the net when I first became aware of magic, but I suppose I never really bothered to discipline myself in the field of dream work. I always thought that if a dream was meant to be remembered it would, and that if learned how to lucid dream and spent too much time doing it, then your subconscious would never be given the chance to transfer the sorts of messages it needs to in dreams.

Although given my sudden new interest in dream casting (as I'll call it) I think I'll try learning the lucid dream method.

You're right, that's a really cool tip.
atheist of peace wrote:
HonorRose wrote: AoP, you are utterly shameless.*laughs*
I'll take that as compliment? xp
*is laughing* You crack me up, have you noticed?

Sure it's a compliment, if that's the sort of thing that flatters you.
I'll let you know how it goes, but you should try it with me! =D It can really be a lot of fun. You are already thinking about doing magic in a lucid dream. Think of what else ou could do =D
*is still laughing* Do I even want to know what you're implying here?
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

HonorRose wrote:*is laughing* You crack me up, have you noticed?

Sure it's a compliment, if that's the sort of thing that flatters you.
Well it was more of did you mean it as a compliment? Was that a positive comment. ETC

HonorRose wrote:*
*is still laughing* Do I even want to know what you're implying here?
My mind didnt even go their. Well not to much latter at least.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

hmmm. I look foward to shareing our results and methods. What else will you try to bring on the lucid dream.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”