Insomnia

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Nerys

Re: Insomnia

Post by Nerys »

Lavender essential oil aromatherapy quality use a drop rubbed on wrists and then wrist rub to nose tip and inhaling it helps to relax to fall asleep.
Dream pillow with dried lavender and dried mugwort from my garden.
No coffee after 8.00 pm.
Sometimes view youtube videos for sea ocean water sounds before going to sleep.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Melissa/lemon balm works fine,too.
Jjapsen

Post by Jjapsen »

Valerian works too, especially if lavender doesn't help to give your mind a rest, because valerian works on a more physical level. At least in my experience. Warm milk with honey, lavender and poppy seeds could work, too, although I didn`t try that myself yet.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Be aware though that for some people valerian has the opposite effect. There is a higher possibility for people who have ADS/ADHS or autism traits.
Jjapsen

Post by Jjapsen »

:oops: I actually didn't know that, I'm sorry. But still, if it works the right way, it works really good.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

For me, hot chocolate knocks me out,
don't know if it's the milk, the warmth, the cocoa, or the sweetness, but I have heard a little useless carbs before bedtime will help.
But then cocoa has caffeine in it so >shrug< go figure?
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

I have issues controlling caffeine as well. I used to drink it at night because I wanted to be awake and alone in the quiet. I’ve always had trouble sleeping.

Whether it was seeing things in the dark, having terrible nightmares, or my anxiety, I have had problems with sleep since I was a little girl.

Sometimes I would be afraid to sleep, causing the initial introduction to coffee in late nights. The continuation was just me trying to catch my breath, collect my thoughts, without so much noise.

Praying helped me sleep. I spoke to whoever or whatever would listen in my head. Most nights I’d fall asleep in the middle of it.

Other nights I would feel too much movement in the air and just turn the light on.

I’ve recently tried chamomile and lavender tea. It helps sometimes. I now don’t drink coffee after 3pm.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I used to have nasty nightmares as a kid-to-teen as well as wonderful flying dreams going OOB. It was 50/50 which I’d get so sleep was a crap-shoot. I didn’t drink coffee until college where coffee’s considered survival. Coincidentally -cough - I started seriously meditating in college and the nightmares stopped. The coffee continued.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

firebirdflys wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 pm For me, hot chocolate knocks me out,
don't know if it's the milk, the warmth, the cocoa, or the sweetness, but I have heard a little useless carbs before bedtime will help.
But then cocoa has caffeine in it so >shrug< go figure?
FF
We had common knowledge of hot milk with honey.
Very effective, but since my intestine doesn't really like milk (unless it ferments into cheese) I just used to rather use that agrimony pouch under the pillow that I mentioned in this topic.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”