Palatalised Planewalker

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Avocation

Post by planewalker »

Consult the tomes,musty and yellowed with age.
Gather the liquids and ingredients.
Measure them with scale and gauge.
Mix them with expedience.

Chant the rites and strike the cords.
Divine and set each cardinal direction.
Write and set the wards,.
Draw the circle of protection.

Set the fog to slowly swirling.
Use all the knowledge your mind commands.
Candles flames around you curling,
do all you know that sacrifice demands.

See all the visions slowly drifting.
Memorize the ones you dare not lose.
Other planes of existence are out there waiting,
Consider, persist and venture to those you choose.

Be careful of all your thinking.
you bend and bleed and thirst.
From the spring of understanding deeply drinking
Find the path to follow first.

Now it's across the threshold,
Dive down the rabbit hole.
Taste the colours and feel what's told.
Now, go forth and attain a worthy goal.

Travel to the farthest plane.
seek your friends, the entities you must call.
Be the darkness' bane
You are no longer one, your with all.

Seek a soul lost in void deeper than eternity.
In darkness blacker than the space between the stars.
Free her from a place of want and fear that has no pity.
Strive to find someone taken away so far.

Follow back the guide with steps so trusting.
Bring a spirit sorely rent.
Seek a place of great healing,
and a Master's gift unto you lent.

The psyche sureiy working
cleanses the wounds with clear and soothing light.
The task not shirking,
bind it with love to hold it tight.

Strength and concentration from all is draining.
It was a strange and wild place.
Let go the contacts that are waning
Come home, sleep, a tired smile upon your face.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Birdsong

Post by planewalker »

There's a kingdom that lies under the ocean.
Another stretches far and away beyond the sun.
We're all a part of the universe,
and all of it's for everyone.

In the meadows beyond the horizon,
a bird with broken legs took wing.
Though he suffered he never surrendered,
Because he could fly he began to sing
The children all stopped and listened
to the melody that filled the air.
They never heard the pain,
they never knew it was there.

There was a dreamer who stared into a river.
He didn't see himself in a dream of his own
He fell further in, forgot,
and he sank just like a stone.

In the golden air of evening,
long after the dreamer was gone,
The bird with the broken legs
began to sing this song.

We're all a part of the universe,
we all share the moon and the sun.
Remember that more people are coming
and it belongs to everyone.
TwilightDancer

Re: Birdsong

Post by TwilightDancer »

I like this. Thanks for sharing. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
planewalker
Banned Member

All of Me

Post by planewalker »

When you cried, I kissed away your tears.
When you screamed, I chased away all your fear and all the evil dragons of your nightmares slew.
When you were at peace I walked beside you and held your hand.
Your smiling face now haunts my once pleasant dreams.
Your voice now drives away all the sanity in me.
I'm still bound to the beauty that was your life.
You used to captivate me with your resonating light.
I've tried so hard to tell myself that you've gone.
Even though your still with me,
I've been alone for to long.
These wounds feel like they will never heal.
The pain is much to strong.
There is so much that time can never erase.
You don't see that you still have all of me.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Re: Birdsong

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Nice work , Planewalker...well done and said...:)
planewalker
Banned Member

Friends

Post by planewalker »

These are poems I wrote for two people I became friends with. The first I woke from a sound sleep and walked out to the nurses station said "Hello Joni I'm here to help" walked back into my room and went back to sleep. I went back otherwhere and they woke me up the next morning by rolling the crash cart on me because they thought I was dead. Sometimes that happens when I plane walk. Jasmine had some anger issues. Her ex tried to get full custody of their son after just being out of jail. She lost it in court when they took her son for protective services. She let me in her mind and I gave her an on/off switch to control her temper.

For Joni

Elsewhen and otherwhere,
time well spent.
Your soul cried.
I was sent.

I'm the voice you heard in your right ear,
in the bleakness of the night.
I told you I'd help you
I'd help make things alright.

Running with scissors,
Playing with fire.
Walking on ice,
for you I'd dance on barbed wire.

Just let me in,
I'll help the pain
You saved me when
you helped me see sunbeams through rain.

For Jasmine

Standing in the doorway,
nothing left to say.
Looking through the window,
the glass sees either way.

Don't forget the hopefulness.
Don't forget the pain
Remembered conversations,
quite a lot to gain.

Most of my embraces don't hold on so tight.
I feel thankful I could help you,
a mother's pain set right.

Maybe someday we'll be face to face.
I'll see the dreams so sweet.
Hear stories of joy I've seen for you
and see your life complete.
planewalker
Banned Member

Re: All of Me

Post by planewalker »

Thank all of you who have asked non-question questions about this being different from my usual, how was it put, light but a little bent style, I think was the general feeling. My wife was diagnosed with MS 14 years ago. She has never gotten past the anger part of dealing with something like that. I've tried to help but I can't shot her in the foot or take away her birthday so that's not a viable path to working with it. She flatly refuses to go to any kind of support groups. I might be able to somehow kidnap her to get her there, but there's that whole going to jail thing going on with that option. I get to have the fun of reefing the fights with the kids and living with a land mine that's actively looking to go off a few times a day. Luckily my daughter is in Boston and my son is picking up the tactic of the strategic retreat. I don't have either option.
I just go with the honor, self-discipline and guts option. That and still being madly in love with her after a 39 year relationship. Sometimes I just have got to vent. If anybody wants to put anything out into the universe about this do so with my blessing and I'll gladly take yours.

Planewalker
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You have my sympathy. I have worked with a number of people with MS over the years. Some of them have accepted the diagnosis without a fight, and some have chosen to lash out or act out because they can't really do anything else. They can't control their body anymore, so they use an emotional barrage to control their loved ones. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I have a good friend with MS. she is still in a good shape and you can't see her disease at all.
She has always been sensitive and after the diagnosis she developed extreme anxiety and agoraphobia. After she couldn't bear it anymore she went to the doctor.
The doctor told her not to feel bad, many people with that illness have mental issues. She was given pills and her condition is more manageable and she feels better now.
It's such a pity your wife refuses to get help :-/ ill pray that she decides to do something about it.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I'm so sorry for that! People who find out they have such kind of diseases, usually develop paranoia, agoraphobia or other mental diseases. It's because of the shock and the fear. You're awesome for being there for her in such hard moments.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
planewalker
Banned Member

Re: Friends

Post by planewalker »

In For Jasmine, 3rd verse should be ---

Most of my embraces,
they don't hold on so tight.
I feel thankful I could help you,
a mother's pain made right.

I've been away from keyboards for 20 years and I'm still coming up to speed typing.
Please, you don't have to be "sensitive" with me. Be direct, it cuts down on guess work and saves time and miscommunication. From my life of thirst for knowledge, the military and the Arts, I find a comfort with being as exact as possible. I do not want to mix a chemical formula that is wrong. It can go BOOM!!! Very annoying. I do not want somebody putting a single wrong number into an artillery targeting request ( you didn't know we were so polite about blowing s#:t to he!! and gone did you ) { really it's called an atr because in the field you only see a little of the battle and higher HQ must decide how to allocate limited resources } because you can be seriously DEAD IF SOMEBODY SCREWS THE POOCH !!!! and in the ARTS you can be seriously D@MNED TO HE!! ( I have seen the void deeper than eternity and heard the screams at the cliff of absolute despair where the winds of limbo roar. I don't care what or who you worship, to be alone with yourself for eternity is he!! especially at the end when it's a very long time. So please shed the social niceties with me. S#:t I've been through if you don't know how to shut off anger and think clearly the worst happens.
It's not that you get hurt or die, it's that somebody else gets hurt or SERIOUSLY DEAD and you SCREWED THE POOCH and then you've got to live with it. That may make this easier for people to understand me. Maybe this should have gone into Rants or Mental Health or whatever. A year and a half ago I would have said I'd never tell anybody ( not my wife who I've been in a committed relationship with for 39 years and not my best friend who, thank the light, made it out of two tours in Iraq with only a minor catch of steel and pulled his 30 and retired ) what is coming pouring out in this, but it feels safe to put it here so that's what I'm going to do. Maybe it's my need for camouflage as an old habits die hard and if you stick your head out without the proper prep you get the fool thing blown off. Jan, 6 '16 I was on the Mental Health Ward and I make no bones about it.I put myself there on suicide watch. And, yes that is not a declaration often heard. Not the usual way to get there, proof of that think clearly at all times training I guess. It went - " I'm not afraid to die, it holds no mystery or fear for me. Even if near death experiences are what the doctors say, then I'll never know and the pain will be over. The only reason you are not walking out the door and tripping under the front wheel of a truck so it doesn't look like suicide , and your wife can collect your insurance, is because your worried about the emotional pain it will cause the truck driver. It is time to get help! Call 911 do it RIGHT NOW! MOVE IT TROOPER!!! So I called, my wife was very surprised, and I got help. Then the way it happened confirmed to me that no matter how screwed up I get, no matter how "Rational, non fantasy prone individuals" tell me I'm not guided to what I was given a choice to accept, I know what I know. I was given the choice to be an angel here on earth. Sounds pompous as he!! doesn't it. WARNING : EDUCATIONAL CONTENT : the Bible was translated Hebrew to Aramaic, to Greek to Latin to French to English as we read it. The original meaning was emissary or go between. Sounds just a bit less pompous, huh. Everybody has whatever name for what they follow. Even the morally bereft can say '' I can do what I please " think no further about it, but that is their level of spiritual understanding. Call it what you will, I believe in the light and the darkness as the two sides of the coin and with the law of three I'm where I should be, IN THE WIDTH of the coin where it's interesting and where I am sorely needed. I neither fear nor hate the darkness for it helps to define me and gives me purpose. something to strive for and fight against. I may be enamored with conflict but right now, at that place where we all live, the illusory now, that is who I am. I can be no other and I accept that. As to my proof of that guide, that voice I've heard and learned to trust. When I went on to watch in the ER waiting to be admitted, time went by , then they said, " We're really full, we don't have a bed for you."
" We can try to call other facilities but you might have to be transported again." " Okay", was all I said. Riding in the back of a nice warm ambulance, somebody to shoot the breeze with instead of looking at the top of the head of a student nurse with said head in the book she was studying, the drug box hanging on the wall with whatever I wanted, if I wanted it, a radio call away. I'm smart enough to fake some symptoms to get high if I wanted. I didn't, because I figured as screwed up as I knew my head was, proscribing without a license didn't seem like a good idea. The thought of better living through chemistry was a comfort though. I ended up in a small hospital. It was an hour and three counties away. I came to understand that is not SOP. It got weirder when my " Mental Health Professional" ( say shrink 'cause I'm calling you "Doc", don't care if you give me funny looks or not, I'm not just some retired soldier/social studies tutor. Read the whole file you lazy @$$. I went in ROTC to active, tier two, fast tracked for the Pentagon till I got screwed in the field. I've got fancy letters too. I take learning and knowledge seriously, not myself. Throw fancy letters at me, and expect me to be impressed, and I'll throw fancy letters back at you and tell you until you prove you've got your s#:t together and you don't find it to heavy to lift all it means is - AS, Assorted S#:T , BS, Bull S#:T,MS, More S#:T and PhD, Piled higher & Deeper, but I digress. ( Just so nobody worries about me I like my psychologist who passes med needs up the chain of command and we talk, like normal human beings, I've only had one flash back and that was in an ER and we figured that out easy enough. Big pile up on the express way. I was in the nearest trauma center. Heli blade noise, screaming, broken people, the smell of b!00{) in the air, you do the math ) He found out that not only were there beds available in closer hospitals, there were beds available in the hospital I was in. I think I know why. I was admitted to Columbia Memorial 0200 1-7-16. Woman admitted 0120 approx. 1-8-16. I heard my voice, drug my weary butt out of bed and took the short walk to the nurses station. I said " Hi Joni, I'm here to help you. " And as I turned around to go back to my room I noticed the nurse give me a weird look. I wrote it off to her wondering if this squirrel was going to be out every time somebody was checked in. NOPE, that wasn't it. I couldn't think of another reason. The next morning after the excitement stopped, I went to breakfast and got across from Joni. A nurse came over with some papers and said you need to sign these Michelle. I said " Why'd she call you Michelle, Joni? ". She went white and said "Thank God! I thought I was starting to hear voices.". "Why would you call me Joni?" and that should have been a hint that I did not have all the info it might be good to have. I then compounded that tactical error with a glaring strategic error. I started to explain about my "voice". I was in the psyh ward, she had concerns about hearing voices, sometimes I am truly amazed at my own stupidity. It was okay though. She then asked what my voice said she did. I said she had wanted to sculpt but became a writer instead. That did it. She believed me. Not because she was a writer, and a very good one I might add. It was the sculpting part. She had wanted to sculpt when she was a kid and couldn't make an ash tray. We sort of lived in each others pockets after that. Talked all the time or where silent for periods when we just wanted to listen to each others souls. We watched the weather over the Catskills. We taught each other. She started to learn some astronomy out the big windows and I started to learn about writing poetry. Michelle was a nom du plume she used to write a novel. She writes her poetry under her given name - Joan Noelduchen. Writers block was one of the minor problems she had to go along with her major ones. She's got a new book of poetry coming out the end of 2017 when she didn't know if she'd be alive then. Me, I've started to see beauty again and have a very forgiving audience to try out my poetry on. We held each other up on the ice when we were about to fall, which I sort of reference in the above poem. She still looks up at the heavens and I'm still practicing my poetry. A child will read something in that new book of poems and be inspired and the world will change for the better someday . And me, I'm just honored and a little bit awed to be an emissary of the light into the darkness.
planewalker
Banned Member

KNOW WAY

Post by planewalker »

He has a thousand, thousand ideas.
Nobody has heard his name.
He's lived alone with his visions,
seeking neither fortune or fame.
We weren't sure what he spoke of,
he seemed questing on some other plane.
What he spoke of were mysteries.
No one is sure that he's sane.
Did he know more than me?
Did he know more then you?
He was in search of the answers,
the nature of what we'll become.
He kept trying to show us a new way.
A riddle wrapped in an enigma,
that no one can unravel today.
But he knew! Did he know?
He knew things different than I did.
He knew things different then you.
He didn't know where he was going.
We didn't know where he'd been.
Did he know?
Yes, he knew things.
Yes, he knew quit a few.
planewalker
Banned Member

We Can Bring Harmony

Post by planewalker »

It's so strange getting this gift in your youth.
This isn't just fancy, it feels like the truth.
It is so human, turn it inside and out.
This is the most joyous of meetings, You've no reason to doubt.
It's easy. What once was Illusive is calling you now!
I am here waiting, staying here patiently.
I'm doing nothing, caught in a reverie.
Climbing up silently, looking at everything.
Interacting as I'm upwardly spiraling.
I am giving, from the life I am living
precious energy to you who I'm trusting.
It's a strange situation. There is no cause for alarm
This isn't just rhetoric, I will do you no harm.
I'm hopeful and human both inside and out.
It's a gift that I'm passing. That's all I'm about.
With each word that is read,
you would still know the reason
even if nothing was said.
All is harmony. All is unity.
All is life as life is supposed to be.
With the words we are speaking we can bring harmony!
I'm moving slowly, just dancing aimlessly,
in the endless circle, I'm spinning fearlessly.
Giving and getting life's precious energy.
I feel resurrected, never to fall again.
Introspective, but still stating my views.
It up to you, it's yours to choose
And yes it's for real.
Take a chance with no way to lose.
Bychan Wulf

We Can Bring Harmony

Post by Bychan Wulf »

smileylove
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
WhiteFrequency

We Can Bring Harmony

Post by WhiteFrequency »

Thank you for sharing, love it!

Return to “Poetry”