Introduction: Exploring paganism, seeking guidance from knowledgeable persons

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Mastodon

Introduction: Exploring paganism, seeking guidance from knowledgeable persons

Post by Mastodon »

Hi:
My name is Josh, 50 years of age. I'm located in central Florida. I interested in exploring paganism, and am trying to learn more about it.

I've never considered myself a "spiritual" person, but I do have beliefs about the workings of the Universe. I consider myself to be athiestic in my religio-spiritual orientation. I concluded many years ago that the idea of "god" being an external force just doesn't work for me. I certainly dislike the "angry old man in the sky" view of Christianity and the like. It's my opinion that everything comes from one central origin, and everything and everyone is a part of this totality--such that you and I are as "divine" as everything else that exists--material or energy (isn't matter just energy, after all?).

That said, I think that, as a part of this totality, I have the power to have a say in how the Universe works--so the idea of spells, that just makes sense to me. I know that the Wiccan tradition considers outside entities to be "other," and I can agree with that sentiment. I just think that what the Christians call "god" and what the Romans thought of as "gods" and all these other people and things and thoughts and energies in the Universe are all really different ways of looking at the same thing.

So, I'm hoping to learn a lot more about all of this. If you've read any of the "Dilbert" comic strip books, perhaps you've had occasion to peruse "The Dilbert Future," which is a book written by the author and cartoonist of the "Dilbert" comics. There's a piece near the end about "affirmations," this is something that I like a lot. As I was contemplating Wicca, I was taken by the similarity of affirmations and spell casting.

Anyway, I'd really like to hear from anyone who would be willing to communicate with me about all of this :-} I'd like to find an online friend or two :-}

Josh
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Introduction: Exploring paganism, seeking guidance from knowledgeable persons

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hey, welcome. Pitch in any time and feel free to start a topic of your interest.

My favorite Xmas card is the manger scene with “it’s a girl” caption. I've never been exposed to the “angry guy in the sky“ so I had a fairly favorable Xn experience except for my being psychic. It was a deal killer as there’s no off switch. So much new stuff to learn, so little time. Oneness of being, Divine Matrix, these excite me.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Introduction: Exploring paganism, seeking guidance from knowledgeable persons

Post by Firebird »

Hi there :wave: welcome and come on in.
I'm not a fan of the angry guy either, and yes it's all about energy and moving it in the right direction for oneself.
I know the comic strip but was not aware of the book. Affirmations are an important way of moving energy and bringing about desired results. Affirmations need to remain in the positive frame leaving out any form of the word no. Avoiding contractions like don't, won't, can't. Be very clear about what you DO want to affirm.
Ok, good to meet you, I'll see you soon!
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”