Gem

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Gem

Gem

Post by Gem »

Hello again,

I believe I’ve introduced myself here before, as Willow Green. This is the name I went by for many years, and still holds a place in my heart.
However, recently I went through something rather traumatic to put it lightly, and since then have been taking some time to readjust and re-learn (if you will) my ties to my family. And now more than ever I realise just how important family is, and so I’ve officially changed my name back to the one my mother gave me. Just to clear up any confusions about that.
I decided to introduce myself again as I don’t feel like the same woman I was a few months ago.
I am Gem, a Capricorn Wiccan and witch who primarily works with crystals. I hate wearing shoes and socks, and injustice bothers me more than anything.
I look forward to getting to know you all, now that my life and space isn’t so hectic.

Blessed be,
Gem xx
”I’d rather be happy and odd,
Than miserable and ordinary.”
- Michelle Magorian, Goodnight Mister Tom
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gem

Post by Firebird »

Welcome again!
I am so with you on the shoes and socks thing, the only time I wear them is the winter, I wear zories or nothing mostly.
Glad you are finding your way again, it must feel great!
Do you have a favorite stone? My Silver sheen obsidian sphere is very comforting but it would be hard to choose a favorite, like all the kids are great !
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Welcome anew & be ye blessed.
Black Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

Hello Gem
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
Gem

Post by Gem »

Hi everyone :)

So lovely to hear back from you all!
Firebird, awesome to know I’m not the only one with the shoes haha, I don’t actually own any obsidian yet, but it’s been on my ‘must buy’ list since I saw John Dee’s scrying mirror in the museum.
Like you I find it really hard to choose a favourite, but if I had to narrow it down to three I would pick the following:
Selenite: This was the first stone I ever acquired, it was gifted to me by my mother one year and so I’ve always associated it with a connection with her. After all, it was named after the goddess Selene, and personally I see all the goddess figures as our mothers in some way, so the connection was very strong there.
Fluorite (green, specifically): I’m not sure if it’s because I’m an Earth sign or what, but to me green fluorite emits a pulsing, slow vibration when you hold it, almost like the pulse of a vein. I’ve always seen it as an Earth stone, and the pulse from this particular stone really resonates with me.
Snow quartz: I’m an empath, and whenever I pick up other people’s emotions they always, and I mean always come through as a migraine (if it’s a ‘negative’ emotion). The severity of it seems to depend on how strong the emotion is the other person is feeling, and I find that gently stroking a big rough chunk of snow quartz over my forehead and temples just sucks the pain out completely (I don’t apply pressure, it’s just gently going over the skin). I have a piece with a lovely flat side that I keep specifically for this purpose.
I might start a topic asking people to post their top three and why, I’m interested to know other people’s reasons :)
”I’d rather be happy and odd,
Than miserable and ordinary.”
- Michelle Magorian, Goodnight Mister Tom

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”