Another searching soul

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Jeanne Rising

Another searching soul

Post by Jeanne Rising »

Hello everyone :)

I thought it is time to search some contacts out there...some input and maybe some positive validation and support in finding my own path. Having a background of first traditional Martial Arts and then Yoga, I always kept searching for my inner spiritual home. I came back to reading a lot about Wicca recently and I feel attracted to the Rede, to its openess and to worshipping the goddess and the divine feminine in the many facets it appears in different pantheons. But without some positive input I always hit a wall sooner or later... being too sceptic in some aspects to take myself seriously... and still clinging to the idea, that I have to do it "the right way".

I read about the strong connection to nature, that many seem to feel intuitively...and I say to myself, that I can't belong here, because my love and respect for nature is rather abstract and selective in trying not to harm it. I don't feel drawn to planting a garden or working with herbs...but on an abstract level I find it all holy and worth protecting by being vegan for example (just one of my approaches without intend of being a missionary here). I feel my strongest connection to nature is in the somewhat mysterious love for the night, the moon and the silence and magic they provide...but that doubting critic in me always says "that isn't enough!"

On the same note, my inner image of working magic is somewhat...energetical? Directing energy using an athame or wand feels intuitively for me...and I do somewhat feel drawn to Tarot cards ^^...but I cannot quite form a connection to other methods like using herbs...or astrology...and here again..."that isn't enough!"....I guess it somewhat goes back to internalized rigid structures and ideas of spirituality...shaped by the big religions of the world...the idea, that there is "only one right way" to do things. It is still hard to drop it.

Yeah...that is about it. Thank you for having me here

Jeanne
Black Cloud

Re: Another searching soul

Post by Black Cloud »

Hello Jeanne
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi Jeanne. We’re singing on the same page 🎶. Welcome to the chat.
Happy solstice
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Hello....
uaya

Post by uaya »

I feel the same way about a lot of things. I started my journey with martial arts being meditative enough but now its hard for me to trust my intuition. Plus there are so many different paths, what to incorporate. You aren't alone :)
Jeanne Rising

Post by Jeanne Rising »

uaya wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:43 pm I feel the same way about a lot of things. I started my journey with martial arts being meditative enough but now its hard for me to trust my intuition. Plus there are so many different paths, what to incorporate. You aren't alone :)
Exactly... and in martial arts - as in many big religions - there is very often a kind of feeling present, that it can only be one way. It is hard to unlearn it at least a bit and trust oneself. Too much of me is always occupied with "but if I don't do that, it cannot be called such and such and there must be something else that even fits better..." or "but...how can I name what I do, when it is just random intuitive stuff"...

@all
thanks to the kind and welcoming replies <3

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”