My Beginnings

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
ikselle

My Beginnings

Post by ikselle »

Hello Everyone! Merry Meet! My name is Ikselle, and I am new to the faith. I started about 1.5 months ago, and I am embracing every moment. So far I have read Scott Cunningham's books, Raymond Buckland, Lisa Chamberlain, and Harmony Nice. I have also been following Ella Harrison on YouTube and social media. I am reading various books from different authors to get a sense of what traditions I'd like to follow. I think I'm leaning more towards the ecletic, solitary path practicing candle and herbal magick. I look forward to becoming a part of this community to learn from others who are experienced and to build connections.

Thank you for reading.
Blessed Be.
)O(
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Beginnings

Post by Firebird »

:fairy: Greetings! and welcome to the forum.
We have a pretty good book section, some reviews and I believe there are some free downloads or pdf, and some recommendations as well as which ones to maybe take with a grain of salt.
Blessed be :flyingwitch:
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi and welcome
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

You've definitely found some great starting points in those books you chose.

I'd definitely recommend if you haven't already, checking out the WitchTok tag on TikTok, some of the posts are just really helpful and sometimes I find the visual aid of someone teaching can benefit me moreso than books at times depending on my mood.

Welcome )0(
ikselle

Post by ikselle »

illbehere wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:05 am You've definitely found some great starting points in those books you chose.

I'd definitely recommend if you haven't already, checking out the WitchTok tag on TikTok, some of the posts are just really helpful and sometimes I find the visual aid of someone teaching can benefit me moreso than books at times depending on my mood.

Welcome )0(
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will be sure to look into it. :flyingwitch:
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Welcome to the ancient path of "wise ones". Thinking about eclectic solitary is a wise decision at least in the early phase of your studies. It will give you time and opportunity to explore the various traditions prior to locking into the Coven scene. I have been a solitary eclectic since 1951 and enjoy participating in local open circle gatherings to learn from and enjoy kindred spirits while remaining free to practice as I will. Enjoy your journey.

Goddess Blessings
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”