Tristan Seeking Knowledge and Understanding

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Tristan Jay

Tristan Seeking Knowledge and Understanding

Post by Tristan Jay »

Hello, I am calling myself Tristan on this forum. It's pretty close to my real name, and I've liked Tristan as an aesthetic alternative. I am a male. I've tested as an INFP personality type under the Myers-Brigg personality typing system.

As far as things I like, I am obsessed with time travel stories.

My hobbies include social dancing and roller skating.

As far as who I am, I am one of those types who identifies as spiritual but not religious. I came to the forum to learn and get some perspective from people online. I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge of Wicca at this point. The closest I've come in the past was a little bit of dabbling with Tarot, but I didn't get very far. I was left with the impression from my Tarot dabbling that it revealed what was already on my mind, and helped organize my thoughts. But I was hesitant to take it further.

Right now I'm dabbling again. I've started with figuring out which books would be good starting points for getting an understanding of Wicca, and settled for Scott Cuningham's book Wicca A Guide For the Solitary Practitioner. The physical copy is great for flipping through and dipping in and out of, for my eclectic tendencies, and it's very listenable in audiobook format, too.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Tristan Seeking Knowledge and Understanding

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hello Tristan - for those unfamiliar with INFP or the MB, or for those like myself who'd tested in a prior millennia & forgotten, what do the letters stand for beside interesting, nice, friendly person? Welcome aboard & hope you enjoy.
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Welcome :flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

oh wow, they have Cunningham's books on audio? I love it!
Welcome to the forum, please feel free to make a topic or post in and existing one.
Many blessings and welcome Tristan!
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Tristan Jay

Post by Tristan Jay »

Panthera wrote:Welcome :flyingwitch:
Thank you! And thank you to everyone else for the welcome.
firebirdflys wrote:oh wow, they have Cunningham's books on audio? I love it!
Welcome to the forum, please feel free to make a topic or post in and existing one.
Many blessings and welcome Tristan!
Firebird
Oh, yes! It works well for the actual "reading" of the book, since most of the time I struggle with a straightforward read-through of a book that isn't a novel or anthology. I have enjoyed flipping through it and reading scattered snippets in the physical copy, and the audiobook is great for while driving, or listening while lying in bed and settling in for sleep.
SpiritTalker wrote:Hello Tristan - for those unfamiliar with INFP or the MB, or for those like myself who'd tested in a prior millennia & forgotten, what do the letters stand for beside interesting, nice, friendly person? Welcome aboard & hope you enjoy.
Sure! The I is for introvert, and I am very much so reserved and quiet, until I become comfortable with someone. At a party, I'm usually saying hi to all the pets in the house. NF has something to do with an intuitive inclination. A personality type that is opposite to NF is going to be very logical and rational, while I'm am more of a feeling type of person (but I am capable of understanding and formulating logical arguments, and I respect logic). The P has to do with perceiving rather than the opposite of J for judging, if I recall correctly it has something to do with being open minded and wanting to keep as many possibilities in consideration; I am comfortable when things aren't concrete and strictly defined, yet on the downside I can be indecisive because I don't want to rule out possibilities. I have a good understanding of symbolism and have been able to explain the literary techniques that a story uses that other people find confusing. INFP is sometimes called Healer, or Empath.
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

I'm INTP I took it in school
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Welcome Tristan, May you enjoy your journey with us. Have a Blessed Yule.

Namaste
Shekinah
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”