A brief survey

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
neemfred

A brief survey

Post by neemfred »

Hello everyone I am a high school student and really want to learn more about wicca and the culture about it. If anyone would be willing to copy this post & answer the questions I would really appreciate it.

Disclaimer: I am new to this community and am trying to learn more. No disrespect intended if I misuse terminology or accidentally offend.

When did you start learning about magick and why?

Do you view Wicca as a way to solve problems or as more of a lifestyle?

What are the differences between the different covens?

How did you decide what your patron gods would be?

What type of magick do you focus on and why?

What tools or materials do you use for your spells?

Did your lifestyle change after converting?

How do you learn more about the craft?

Do you keep a book of shadows?

How do you interact with people outside of the paganism religion?

What is your relationship with the community as a whole.

Are there any events important to you related to the community.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: A brief survey

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post could generate some interesting thoughts

When did you start learning about magick and why?
I was intrigued by geomagnetic Earth energy experienced from a telluric current/wave/shock that catapulted me out of body in 1988. I learned thru dowsing that circle casting draws on these same energies. I researched Magic in the mid-1990’s as part of research into the hows and whys of Wiccan Ritual Methods which are based on Masonic rites and ancient Egyptian ceremonial Magic.

Do you view Wicca as a way to solve problems or as more of a lifestyle?
Wicca is a pagan religion that honors Divine duality in Nature. I view it as a form of spiritual discovery and relationship of all-in-One. It forms the foundation of my life-philosophy in how to face problems as learning experiences for the soul. So - both is the short answer.

What are the differences between the different covens?
I prefer Solitary practice so haven’t seriously sought a Wiccan coven-stead. At meet-ups I’ve chatted with open covens to get the gist. As I understand it the differences would be in oath-bound coven Deity names; available training; initiation practices and oaths; required or optional denouncement of former paths vs. adding-on; requirements for robe vs. sky-clad; indoor or outdoor rituals; and personal preferences of membership.

How did you decide what your patron gods would be?
They told me.

What type of magick do you focus on and why?
The Q’s vague so I’ll define type as “black, gray, or white” as the intended meaning and remind the poster that magic in itself is neutral. What’s in the Crafter’s heart is expressed in their choices. I can accept the “harm none, do as you will” guidelines of the Wiccan Rede without over-thinking it.

What tools or materials do you use for your spells?
I’ve had Ritual Tools -🍷🪄⭐️🗡🕯🔮 - & an embarrassing variety of herbs, oils & incense. When I’d retired I’d downsized the lot to what I consistently use - cauldron, blade, palm-stone, L-rods + pendulum, a lot of candles; olive oil, rose, citrus, cinnamon, mint; Bigelow’s teas; pen & paper.

Did your lifestyle change after converting?
Not much; I was already a penny-pinching-repurposing-recycler & have read voraciously & meditated since I was 11 to cope with precognitive & empathic abilities.

How do you learn more about the craft?
It’s easy with the internet, videos, and numerous books available. Build on your experiences & interests; Cast 365+1 circles; Make psi balls between your 👏🏽 hands; Get off the @#%! couch, go outside and greet the genius loci; plant a garden 😁.

Do you keep a book of shadows?
Haha 🤣, yes, several in fact

How do you interact with people outside of the pagan religion?
Just fine. There’s no difference.

What is your relationship with the community as a whole.
Reclusive by choice - empathic & precognitive by birth.

Are there any events important to you related to the community.
No.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”