New to the Craft

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
LC

New to the Craft

Post by LC »

Hi! My name is LC and I just started learning witchcraft. I have always been drawn to witchcraft since I was younger probably starting around 11 or 12. I was raised in a Christian home and was terrified of what my parents would say or do. I started in my sophomore year of college by buying Solitary Witch by Silver Ravenwolf, but when it came time to move back home for the summer I got rid of it. All my life I have feared about doing or thinking the wrong thing and being sent to hell. I was so terrified that I was actually put in the hospital for it. I would pray and read the bible but nothing seemed to change. Finally a couple of weeks ago I was in Books A Million when I wandered into the New Age section. Immediately I saw the same book and without hesitating I bought.

Unfortunately because my loan payments are so high, I am living at home and work 2 jobs. So I am trying to figure where I could practice. I have done a few blessings that have worked, and also trying relax and ground myself calling on the Goddess once a night outside. I have had dreams since high school of things that come true. They don't happen often and sometimes there is a long gap between the dream and the event. I also enjoy reading Tarot cards. I have 2 decks. I am hoping to learn more about them, but sometimes I am confused about some of the symbolism in the cards because not all decks are the same. I am excited to get started and I am looking for any suggestions, advice or books to read. I have already checked out the 101 section and found a lot of stuff. Sometimes when I start to read a certain book on wicca/witchcraft the writing feels off to me as if this was not the book that I needed to read. I wish there were people I could go to in my area or stores with supplies. I live in southern WV and it is the Bible Belt. There is a shop in Charleston, WV that I may try to plan and go to one weekend.

If anyone wants to talk to me or anything just send a message! I feel as though I have started down the right path.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: New to the Craft

Post by planewalker »

Greetings Gentle Being,

May mom's Southern Baptist and there where practitioners of the Arts in the family. It was a thrill. To make it better my dad was an I don't give a sh:tsian. I fully relate. May the information here inform you. You'll find it is the people here that are the forums greatest resource. May your path be true and your steps be sure and light.

Planewalker
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi LC, and welcome. It's less guess work if you can just ask the questions you have. c'mon in and browse.
Rain Gnosis

Post by Rain Gnosis »

Welcome. Cunningham's Wicca and Living Wicca are good books, as is Thea Sabin's Wicca for Beginners. Silver Ravenwolf gets a lot of hate, and a lot of love, from various Pagans. She's a controversial author :) Personally I really like her books but some despise her writings.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”