Um.. Hello

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
CeeCeeChanell

Um.. Hello

Post by CeeCeeChanell »

Hi my name is crystal (also known as CeeCee, or penguin). ugh, i'm not really good at this introduction thing... but I will try my best. I'm 20 years old and from New York in the US. I'm currently in college as a animation major. I am an artist, I mostly do illustration. I always found an interest in the paranormal and magick.

I'm extremely new to the whole wiccan thing, like I just decided to take that first step and I would like to see how it goes... I first found out about it while I was browsing art tags (one in particular is called witchsona, where you draw your persona as a witch) and decided I wanted to try and make a comic about "witches" (very broad, I know...) So I decided to start doing research on wicca. I just got really fascinated with it and just keep getting deeper and deeper. I know I've only probably scratched the surface with the research I was doing but I wanted to know more and that made me what to try it. I want to gradually move my way up into the wiccan life style, and a really good friend of mine suggested I should join a forum because it would help me understand things, as well as if I had any questions I could ask and there would be a whole community here to help :) I hope my journey is an enjoyable one :)

I did have questions, because I am such a noob:

1. I heard prayers were a good start but I'm not sure what kind of prayer. is there any prayers you recommend and is there a certain way you do your prayers?
2. Is there anything else I should be doing to start? like what did you do when you first started?
3. What is something important that everyone needs to know?
Shekinah

Re: Um.. Hello

Post by Shekinah »

Welcome Lady Crystal, The Christian world knows nothing about prayer. Verbal/silent without emotional content and mental visualization goes nowhere. So first you should learn the basics of circle casting technique and etiquette. To commune with Spirit you should do so from a circle of sacred space where it is appropriate to open a portal between worlds. Then you should know whom you wish to communicate with (God/Goddess, the ancient pantheon of Greece or Rome or another of your choosing). Become familiar with the various Wicca/Witch Traditions and remain free of a Coven at least for your learning year and a day. (test various traditions prior to locking into any one) The most important thing to know is that the key to all magick is mental visualization, honor the Rede to harm none, (cast no spells or trying to influence affairs of others as we are not far sighted enough to see deep time consequences.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Merry meet! Nice to know a fellow artist! If u got any question just post them, this forum has been a god send for me for learning and growing
Roo

Post by Roo »

Merry Meet CeeCee! I'm new here as well but have been on my path for 15 yrs. The one thing I can say is that you will never stop learning. Drink in the knowledge that is given to you each and everyday and don't get overwhelmed and discouraged because that is something we have all went through in our paths. Trust in your heart and walk in your path with confidence. Blessed Be!
rainygreeneyes

Post by rainygreeneyes »

CeeCeeChanell wrote:I did have questions, because I am such a noob:

1. I heard prayers were a good start but I'm not sure what kind of prayer. is there any prayers you recommend and is there a certain way you do your prayers?
2. Is there anything else I should be doing to start? like what did you do when you first started?
3. What is something important that everyone needs to know?
Hello there, and welcome! I wanted to try to answer these questions from my viewpoint.
When you are praying, intent is key, as it is with all things. Also, try to pick times when you won't be disturbed by outside distractions; you want to be focused on the task at hand.
As far as what you can be doing to start off, it sounds like you're already doing it! Study, study, study. Be an engaged reader; ask questions and take things with the grain of salt. Read more than just one source on what it is your studying.
Something important that I feel you should know, though you might already know it, is that Wicca and witchcraft are not always a hand-in-hand thing. Some Wiccans don't practice witchcraft, and many witches don't follow Wicca.
Again, welcome to the forums. May your experience be delightful.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

:mrgreen: hi and welcome. I hope you take some time to browse around. And I'll add my two cents as well.

You need to have some idea of what you personally believe, so take an inventory of your beliefs and adjust as you go.

There is no prescribed method and no rules. What works for you is what you do. There is a collection called Book of Pagan Prayers through Amazon you can look at, or just google. Some sites like sacred texts have pages upon pages of prayers.

Personally i meditate daily and still use the Rosary, St Francis' Canticle to the Sun which is very pagan, another used at the United Nations, & I've collected Kwan Yin goddess prayers as well. Google prayers.

Learn grounding, centering & shielding and do them often, if not daily. And keep a journal of your inquiries and interests.

3. What is something important that everyone needs to know

A. You'll hear it a lot ...do what feels right to you. You are your own authority, nobody can tell you how to witch, only what worked for them. We each forge our own path. It takes a while to give ourselves permission to experiment, and that's OK.
B. Strive for balance. Not too much, not too little, be Goldilocks. And enjoy yourself. Smile!!!

Browse the EUTM forum and read, read, read. Also, I wrote a topic called "Getting Started" in the Wicca 101 area that isn't too long to put you to sleep. It might be useful.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

hello I'm Nightshroud *super hero pose* nice to meet you
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Welcome
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome. I rarely do any sort of prayer. I just talk to the deities that I work with. It seems to work out okay for us.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
sungod

Post by sungod »

There are many prewritten prayers for general stuff online concerning Wicca. Though you could make it personal by writing it out. I just talk to them as if they are person, express my feelings and emotions and let them know my intent. If someone's hurt, I ask for stronger ways to heal them. Just depend on the situation. Though prayer works for some, it has helped me while in Christianity, but now it's just a rare thing. Meditation is what brings me in tune, feeling the energy and listening carefully, intensifying my senses helps me feel connected. As others say, read and study lots! I don't do it myself that much.... need to begin lol. Honor your God and Goddess, or choose a cultural religion (mythology) that resonates with you. I always felt inspired by Celtic, though my main God is Apollo from Greek. Being a witch is a learning process, takes time effort and patience is the key. I hope you find this community helpful, and it's nice to meet you! Blessed be
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

From Noetic Science and CIA psychic project Star Gate experience we know verbal or silent prayer goes nowhere. Words/language is a poor medium for communication with other worldly or Divine entities. Do we suppose the Gods are fluent in all the languages across the multi-universe, of course not. Do spoken vibration in the air extend beyond the immediate environment? of course not. As in telepathy only a well formed mental image crafted to impart our intended message wafts into ethereal spaces through inter-dimensional portals to reach a distant consciousness. In our Circle ritual, words are only to facilitate our mental imagery as we envision the formation of our sphere of protection or conjure Lords, Spirits, Elementals and our God/Goddess.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”