New Guy - Sleepnheat

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
sleepnheat

New Guy - Sleepnheat

Post by sleepnheat »

Hello!!

I am happily married and a father of 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl. I currently live in Vermont in the middle of no-where on 14 acres! We have horses, goats, chickens, ducks, alpacas, and 3 dogs. I am an EMT/Firefighter for my area of 4 towns.

About my background.....I was raised in a strict christian home and did not allow myself to open my mind up until I was about 32 years old. I practiced Buddhism for a while then purchased my first Tarot deck about 4 months ago. I was immediately fascinated with them and like a sponge, started reading everything that I could get my hands on! With that, I found a lot of reference to Pagan & Wiccan terms and beliefs. From there the fire was lit! I have read 3 books and just purchased "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner" by Scott Cunningham. I am very new, but simply trying to establish some daily rituals so that I may grow spiritually as I learn the Craft. On a side note, I am in stuck in the broom closet as my mother lives with us and my wife does not have such an open mind. I am hoping that will change over time.....(well, maybe not my mother, but hopefully my wife!).

I have found this forum extremely helpful in my lurking and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Blessed Be!
YanaKhan

Re: New Guy - Sleepnheat

Post by YanaKhan »

Welcome aboard!

Please feel free to look around and ask questions - this is the best way to learn. A lot of helpful people here.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Welcome to the forum! :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Welcome EMS brother.
sleepnheat

Post by sleepnheat »

T'a Nuk wrote:Welcome EMS brother.
Great to see other first responders! Tell me, do you find yourself pulled to the healing side of things?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome. I'm a nurse. I think many of us are drawn to paganism and healing as a sort of symbiosis. As for being in the broom closet, try cracking the door open just a mm or so every now and then. Maybe try incorporating specific festival foods throughout the year. I used to work as a CNA at a Seventh Day Advent is hospital. I would bring in celebratory food for the Sabbats and Esbats. It was a non threatening way of sharing my path. Especially since I was working night shift.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
sleepnheat

Post by sleepnheat »

Great idea Snow, thanks!!
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

sleepnheat wrote:Hello!!

I am happily married and a father of 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl. I currently live in Vermont in the middle of no-where on 14 acres! We have horses, goats, chickens, ducks, alpacas, and 3 dogs.
You are living my dream, my man... all that land, all the animals and a happy family :)

Welcome to the forum. I never really got into Cunningham too much, but if you are looking for a really good source for small daily rituals I would suggest looking into llewellyn's a spell a day almanac- I use old and new one's year round to give me simple 2 minute ritual ideas. Nothing huge, just a small something to help me feel connected to my path.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
sleepnheat

Post by sleepnheat »

smogie_michele wrote:
sleepnheat wrote:Hello!!

I am happily married and a father of 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl. I currently live in Vermont in the middle of no-where on 14 acres! We have horses, goats, chickens, ducks, alpacas, and 3 dogs.
You are living my dream, my man... all that land, all the animals and a happy family :)

Welcome to the forum. I never really got into Cunningham too much, but if you are looking for a really good source for small daily rituals I would suggest looking into llewellyn's a spell a day almanac- I use old and new one's year round to give me simple 2 minute ritual ideas. Nothing huge, just a small something to help me feel connected to my path.
It's my dream too! Just bought the land and built our house two years ago. I am even more happy now that I have opened my mind! I am so excited for life and I look forward for the things to come!

I will check that book out .....Thank you!
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Hey and welcome. Vermont is so pretty and it sounds like you have a pretty piece of land.

I'm on a similar path with Buddhism and Paganism. Which has led me to my first set of Oracle cards.

I'm sure your wife will be more understanding than you think. Definitely don't hide it for long! A lot of us ladies just want to be included with things that interest our husbands. You never know... She may be into more than you think!

Enjoy your stay! We're all friendly [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
freyja13

Post by freyja13 »

Welcome! I just joined about a week ago, and everyone especially the Mods have been so kind and helpful to me. Enjoy!
sleepnheat

Post by sleepnheat »

bluejay_1919 wrote:Hey and welcome. Vermont is so pretty and it sounds like you have a pretty piece of land.

I'm on a similar path with Buddhism and Paganism. Which has led me to my first set of Oracle cards.

I'm sure your wife will be more understanding than you think. Definitely don't hide it for long! A lot of us ladies just want to be included with things that interest our husbands. You never know... She may be into more than you think!

Enjoy your stay! We're all friendly [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
We love it here. I found a nice clearing under some beautiful trees to perform rituals since I can't have an altar in the home.

Regarding my wife, yea, gonna have to stay in the closet. Was buying some candles and she questioned me saying that I better not be getting back into Buddhism. I have found that I am much more calm and overall happy since j have started to practice the Craft. In time, she may see the difference and hopefully open her mind up. But I think it will be a few years....
Mystie.Graves

Post by Mystie.Graves »

I can relate. My husband is Christian, & sadly has been questioning his own faith lately.

He mocks my interests, & even goes as far as to say I'm his "dumb wife" at times. So I've been there, done that, & deal with it almost daily.

It can be very hard, but you can find happiness by being true to yourself.

If you enjoy it, then you are doing right by yourself. Nothing wrong with that. Bringing something positive into your life, despite the negativity of others, it's always a good way to heal & live.

I hope she will come around, & I wish you the best in your practices. Everyone here is amazing, you will find great support here. =D

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”