New to the Path (and Canada)

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Lovelace

Post by Lovelace »

Hello everyone! I'm Lovelace, 23 years old. I've felt a pull toward Wicca for a very long time but have only recently been able to freely express my beliefs. I've only just begun my research into finding my true path and unfortunately I'm usually too shy to talk to others in person (hence why I have yet to visit my local Wiccan church), so here I am! I'd love to talk to others about any good books that they've found or just any advice in general as to how they found their calling or what to begin with. I don't want to end up only reading and not practicing the craft, I'm just not sure where to start without doing something too advanced. Also, I'm from Florida but I currently live in southern Ontario so hail to anyone nearby. :flyingwitch:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: New to the Path (and Canada)

Post by SnowCat »

There's nothing wrong with starting slow. You can do small things like positive affirmations, maybe asking for good fortune to follow someone special. Then watch for the effects to manifest. When you see that, you know it's working. Then you can step things up a little, just taking things in as small or as large steps, as you feel comfortable doing.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hail and welcome!
At your leisure of course, Snow has good tips. Candles and incense are good starting points.
I do belive we have some members in your Provence.
We have a section for Canada.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum/forum127.html
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Welcome to the forum! :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Lovelace

Post by Lovelace »

Thank you everyone for the welcome! I will check out the section for Canada, it would be nice to find others as I only know my husband's small circle of friends and family at the moment. Snow, thank you for the advice, I just get worried about skipping a step or doing something very me lol. Doing something small for a loved one sounds like a perfect place to start. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I believe our wondrous member Blackthorn is from your general neck of the woods.
Say, how is the fire situation now? Are those all extinguished?
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Lovelace

Post by Lovelace »

firebirdflys wrote:I believe our wondrous member Blackthorn is from your general neck of the woods.
Say, how is the fire situation now? Are those all extinguished?
Bb, Firebird
Well hopefully Blackthorn might be somewhere near by, that would be cool :) and I believe there's still 14 fires left but they aren't spreading as of now, they're mostly being held and under control. To be honest I haven't paid much attention to the situation since it first happened, I try not to look too far into tragedies or things that involve people losing precious things sometimes. I am a very soft-hearted person so I cry over everything haha x)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Lovelace wrote:I try not to look too far into tragedies or things that involve people losing precious things sometimes. I am a very soft-hearted person so I cry
I hear ya. :|
Bet you are an empath too.
Fire can be triggering, having been evacuated twice myself, Thankfully all was well.
Necessary yes, therefore to plant the fertile feild :fairy:
See ya!
Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Lovelace

Post by Lovelace »

firebirdflys wrote:I hear ya. :|
Bet you are an empath too.
Fire can be triggering, having been evacuated twice myself, Thankfully all was well.
Necessary yes, therefore to plant the fertile feild :fairy:
See ya!
Firebird
I've never looked into what an empath is besides having a connection to emotions so I'm not sure, but it would make sense. I've never had experiences with fires or anything traumatizing, I've just read things people go through or just comments people or family members write about personal tragedies and I can feel their emotions so clearly sometimes that I feel like I'm experiencing what they are. And yes, I was very relieved to hear all people (and animals) were evacuated so eventually new life will spring forth with no lasting harm done from the fires :)

Edit: Wow.. I looked into the traits of empaths and I'm not one to quickly associate myself with something, but I'm spot on for every single thing an empath usually experiences so that's eerie lol. Thank you for bringing that up because I'd otherwise have never known that about myself.
BrokenShard

Post by BrokenShard »

Hello!
(You said hi to me, so I might've as well said hi to you.) :flyingwitch:
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Wow, a local! Welcome to EUTM! Thanks for the shout out, FF :)

I'm not Wiccan, myself, so I've never gone to any of the Wiccan Church of Canada's stuff. I'm relatively solitary so I haven't reached out to any pagan communities in Toronto that much, but I have been meaning to visit some of the crystal shops 'round here. :)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”