Klara Songi, Lucid Be!

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
AzothPendragon

Klara Songi, Lucid Be!

Post by AzothPendragon »

Hello friends.

My magickal name is Nechtan Azoth Pendragon.

Nechtan is the Irish water god. When Christianity took over Ireland, there were many males with the name Nechtan, and there names were changed to Nathan, which is what my parents named me. I don't like that name, but I like the way Nechtan sounds. Azoth means Mercury, and has a lot of deep meaning to it. Pendragon means Chief Dragon, or Head Dragon, and was the last name of King Arthur. I took these names because of their power, and also I like the abbreviation: N.A.P., which amuses me, because I am into Dream Magick, or Oneiromancy.

Also, I love Discordianism, and Robert Anton Wilson, who's name is often abbreviated to R.A.W.

My whole life I have been fascinated with magic and spirituality. I was raised very Pentecostal Christian, which is one of the more mystical sects of Protestantism. They believe in "casting out demons", "speaking in tongues," and miracles. I was taught a lot of harmful ideas growing up, which I no longer believe in, such as circumcision is good, animal sacrifice is good, except now we don't need to do it, because Jesus sacrificed himself, masturbation is bad, and any kind of sex that is not between a heterosexual married couple is bad. Also, war is good, or necessary. I don't believe any of these things anymore.

I believe in the basic idea of of, "Do what you will, harm none," or as a lot of non-religious people say, "Do whatever you want, as long as you don't hurt anyone else." This, I think is a kind of universal belief that we all feel/know before we are born.

I believe in the sanctity of life, which means I am against killing humans and animals except for self-defense. I also believe we should not kill trees, and most plants are unnecessary to kill, even food plants. Many of them can be regrown. The only type of creatures I despise are parasites, though I know even intestinal parasites do have a place in the biosystem.

The belief systems/religions that interest me are: Satanism, Buddhism, Essene, Rasta, Pastafarianism, Discordianism, Wicca, Hinduism, Gnosticism, Shintoism, Daoism, Voodoo, and the native religions of Hawaii, Egypt, Greece, Rome, Ireland, and the Americas.

The types of magick and the rituals that I have done or that interest me are: Chaos Magick, Oneiromancy, Dracomancy (Dragon Magick), witchcraft, and Color Magick (Black, White, Red, Octarine, Yellow, Green.)

I came to this site because I am looking to communicate with other Pagans and Magicians in a place that is not so hostile as most of the internet. One pagan site I was on, for just a couple days, a member told me she wanted to physically harm me, and another one who is a moderator, said she herself is a racist, and then others joined and said they are racists also. I thought this was so bizarre, because in that site's Terms of Service, spouting racist views is explicitly prohibited.

I have been kicked out of a lot of social networking groups for my extremely individualistic views, and because I don't really care what people think about me. Yet, I am polite. I am an anarchist, and don't really care for hierarchy, though I acknowledge it's necessity. I read Starwitch's introduction to the site, and I appreciate her making this a positive place, and taking responsibility and ownership for that.

I am not into bickering, or personal insults. I find that immature, and appalling. I have no problem disagreeing, or arguing in a non-personal way, in other words without making ad hominem attacks, which means insulting the other person, which, of course, never "wins" an argument.

I am very outspoken in my personal views, though I will never try to convert anyone to my way of thinking, only state facts as facts, and opinions as opinions, and only engage people that want to talk to me.

I am glad my registration was finally approved, because my wife and I don't have a lot of friends here in Hawaii because it's really hard to find like-minded people here. Most of the people in this state are Christians and (non-practicing) Buddhists. I am looking forward to communicating and connecting with other like-minded people.
YanaKhan

Re: Klara Songi, Lucid Be!

Post by YanaKhan »

Welcome aboard.
"The truth is born in arguments". Where arguments, of course, are polite and there is mutual respect in disagreement ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You certainly have diverse interests.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hi there. :)
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

Hello.
AzothPendragon

Post by AzothPendragon »

Hello, everyone, thanks for the replies.

Klara Songi is Esperanto for, "Lucid Be!"
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Welcome to the forum!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Grimalkin

Post by Grimalkin »

Hey there. I had no idea about a lot of the things in your introduction, you sound like a very interesting and intelligent person. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”