Greetings EUTM

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Zone

Greetings EUTM

Post by Zone »

I've always been bad at introductions, but I've been afforded the privilege to access this community so it is the least I can do :) My name is Jeff, I am a father of two wonderful girls aged six and nine, I have 41 years of living on this world. As far as interests, I enjoy camping, walking around on trails, reading when time permits, playing dungeons and dragons with my daughters, I also enjoy playing MMOs from time to time, Everquest being my more recent escape. As far as dislikes, I don't have many, nothing in particular that I can think of right now.

As of now, I am an agnostic. I was raised Roman Catholic in my youth, but slowly turned away from religion in my later teens. I did dabble a lot with I suppose would be considered spiritualism, playing Ouija with my brother, as well as attempting astral projection. I always wanted to see a ghost, or just have some sort of experience to show me there was more out there. In my 20s, I slowly grew away from spiritualism, becoming more of a hard atheist. In doing so, I became skeptical of a lot, so much so that I started to drift into a Nihilistic mentality, I felt as though a part of me were dying. In an attempt to rekindle with spirituality, I tried Christianity again, but I just could not relate. I had a hard time, mostly with the concept of Hell and people being sent for an eternity for not believing in Jesus. Also, I could not treat the Bible as a literal book, so there were always more questions than answers for me.

So, here I am still. Sort of in a limbo state of being, I would love to rekindle the spirituality I had in my youth. I would love to know we are not all alone in this universe, that there is some higher meaning to it all. Recently I had taken an interest in astral projection, and came into the subject of Wicca. I found a book, I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with - wicca a guide for the solitary practitioner and have been reading. I have set up a rudimentary alter, to make offerings to the Gods, practices a bit of meditation, and there seems to be a real connection. I would like to explore the religion a bit further, and this seems like the perfect place to come from time to time.

So there ya have it :) Thank you for reading my intro, and I hope to learn a lot here.

Becks

Re: Greetings EUTM

Post by Becks »

Hi there Zone. Welcome. Enjoy the journey. See you around.

Zone

Post by Zone »

Thank you Becks

Becks

Post by Becks »

Welcome! I thought that was a pretty great introduction for the record. ;)

YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Welcome aboard!
When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!
No battle is over until I win!
"Imagination creates reality". Richard Wagner

evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Welcome to the forum!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!

Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

Hi, nice to meet you.

Zone

Post by Zone »

Thank you all kindly for the welcome.

Mystic Phoenix

Post by Mystic Phoenix »

Hello Zone,
Your story sounds like mine! :) Glad you found us!

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

Hi Jeff! That's my brothers name, anyway glad to have you on board. :D
I was thinking, in reading your intro and realizing religion is hard for many to take, have you ever been to a UU church? They are pagan friendly and their services use spiritual teachings from every religion. I find it wonderfully supplemental to what I do, plus it's a great place to meet open minded folks.
Blessings, Firebird

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”