Gaia and other things

Ashrend

Gaia and other things

Post by Ashrend »

I don't have a basic understanding of Gaia, dragon origins, or how their energies works. Everything I know has been through my own experiences and I'm still learning. I have a dragon familiar that has been helping me but I find it hard to hear them at times. Any links or explanations?
RyukaAscendant

Re: Gaia and other things

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Gaia is the mother of all. Much like how Yahweh is the father. And yes I know I'm crossing religions, in Greek he'd be known as Ouranos. Her first children were imprisoned by their father released by their second children and then imprisoned again.

As to where dragons come from I cannot answer that. Maybe children of Typhon and Echinda? Maybe children of Gaia. If you believe the Sumerian religion they are gods themselves and children of Bahamut or Tiamat.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Gaia is also another name for Earth. The Gaia hypothesis was developed by scientist James Lovelock. He proposed his geo-biosphere theory in his 1979 book Gaia: A New Look at Life on Earth saying that the living matter of the planet functioned like a single self-regulating organism, which he named after the Greek goddess Gaia. Neo-pagans probably could appreciate his theory.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

That's very interesting, what relationship do dragons and other beings have with Gaia? It is simply that we come from her physically and with the elements or is it something else? Could you give me a direction to go in to learn more about gods and goddess that have draconic relationships?
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

RyukaAscendant wrote:Gaia is the mother of all. Much like how Yahweh is the father. And yes I know I'm crossing religions, in Greek he'd be known as Ouranos. Her first children were imprisoned by their father released by their second children and then imprisoned again.

As to where dragons come from I cannot answer that. Maybe children of Typhon and Echinda? Maybe children of Gaia. If you believe the Sumerian religion they are gods themselves and children of Bahamut or Tiamat.
I can second that Tiamat is my draconic mother. I have two mothers and two fathers.

I also second that Gaia is the mother of all. She follows divine will, so who she creates she doea for a purpose. The Draconic connection to Gaia is that she created us.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Interesting thank you
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

I believe that Gaia is my mother
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Another thought is that "dragon lines" of the Earth Mom are the electro-magnetic currents that naturally race across the planet, so the only way I can conceive of dragon power is as that force we experience emanating from mother earth. It can construct some amazing thought forms. I think we might have ancestral memory of dragons as they are certainly in the collective mind.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

At the smallest level the earth is alive. In the deep mines all over the earth test's have been done. They show that the phrases "The bones of the Earth..." and "The very living rock..." so prevalent in some stories and traditions is exactly right. Not only are stromatolites the first known organisms {They're still with us too.} made half of limestone, but at depths below 2,000 feet in diamond mines and deep drift mines {a specialized mining that opens large areas tangentally to look for "Rare Earth's"} the rock is literally "alive". Instead of photosynthesis, food is produced by chemosynthesis in temperatures up to 180 degrees. There is so much water present in the deep earth that pumping operations are just as essential as air conditioning and circulation.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Very likely the dragon mythos refers to the energy fields that give life to Gaia (molten revolving iron core responsible for our magnetic fields and sphere of protection from the ravages of solar wind and cosmic radiation). May also include ancient memories of (powerful beasts that fly) our ET progenitors.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I find speculating on the rise of life on earth to be endlessly fascinating. I believe it was Dr. Crick who came to the view that the chance of DNA arising on earth, in the time elapsed since the formation of the solar system, naturally, was roughly analogous to a hurricane blowing through a junk yard and producing a fully functional Boeing 747. By chance, it seems to me, that nature should have produced both left and right twist DNA with no preference. The "start" of life on earth could have been little more than lazy garbage disposal. Leave garbage dropped in a receptive environment and a flowering of life would be essentially inevitable. The progenitor of life could have been a single surviving cell with a left twist. In an environment conducive to life, a cell with a long "history" would contain enough "junk" to explode into many different types of organisms. Seems like the Cambrian explosion to me, just saying. From there many speculations come to mind. ET influence, the rise and fall of indigenous sapient organisms and civilizations of all kinds.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Life would have had to arise only once and been fortunate enough to survive itself and natural phenomenon to evolve high intelligence and eventually master star travel to populate the universe. If we some day find alien life with similar DNA that scenario would be highly probable.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
firefly43210
Banned Member

Post by firefly43210 »

While most of the dragons are virtue , Gaia , herself is evil .
The Sword of Chamunda , Vairava .
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Gaia herself is not evil, very few entities are truly evil. As most serve a purpose in the scheme of reality. Gaia herself is quite benevolent but she must balance us against nature that so often we are destroying. People forget these things and those who lose sight of the truth will lose the path.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
firefly43210
Banned Member

Post by firefly43210 »

Gaia is never evil herself .
None of the family was evil .
The Haedes was invaded by the Evil , many fell.
I am not feeling secure to narrate everything here .
Please consult my facebook page to find my answer .
Please ,
Be kind .
The Sword of Chamunda , Vairava .

Return to “Dragons”